Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 546 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems we have an ever increasing group of PT145 owners here, and I'm interested in compiling a list of members who have one. This will be a good reference if you want to contact a specific member with a question about the gun. Just a short post here will do, tell us what you have (1st Gen, 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen)
Blue, Stainless, and how long you've had it. Maybe a line about the ammo you use most often. Something like this:
PT145, 3rd Gen. Blue. (Since 01-29-07)
American Eagle 230gr FMJ feeds and ejects just fine!

Reactions: badhatharry

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
3rd gen stainless model here! :wave:

It's a carry gun stays loaded currently with Aguila IQ's although it's fired anything I've put in it so far (WWB, CCI, Federal Hydra Shok 165g, Aguila, and something else I'm missing).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Also 3rd Gen stainless.
purch. 10/06
Carry ammo is Hornady TAP 230grJHP or Win. SXT 230grJHP
Has about 1200 rounds of mostly Blazer Brass and some UMC (all 230grFMJ) through it with no issues.

I love this gun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
3rd gen stainless. 01/07
Blazer Brass 230gr fmj. 100/no problems
Speer GDHP 230gr short barrel. Too few to tell ($1.00 a pop) all went bang.
Fist K7 IWB, it's OK, but if I could have a "Do over" I'ld get a Crossbreed IWB.
I have a Crossbreed IWB for my Glock and it is way more comfortable and stable.

Regards, OE

·
Registered
625 Posts
Taurus PT145, blued, 3rd generation.

Right now it is holding Speer Gold Dot JHP ammo.

Todd

·
Registered
81 Posts
Brand new one. Just got back from the range putting 230gr round nose with 5.4gr of Titegroup through it. Great little gun. It normally carries Federal 165gr Hydra-Shocks. Stainless, 3rd generation.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've owned a PT-145 DAO blued, with rails, for about three years now.

Lost count of the number of rounds through it and NEVER a failure.

Jim

·
Registered
178 Posts
3rd gen blue here, packin 230gr. HydraShoks. since August 05. Over 3000 rounds without a problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
3rd. Generation, Stainless, since 12/2006.

i will shoot just about any brand of practice ammo, what ever is available, reliable, and least expensive. right now Magtech 230gr. is my favorite, comes out to $12.97/box of 50.

for defense ammo i currently have Federal Premium L.E. 230gr. HST, i get it for $28.00/box of 50.

the gun has operated flawlessly. it has quickly become my favorite, even more so than my beloved XD.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Love your site BTW, still have it bookmarked from when I started looking for a subcompact .45.

Hey, I just noticed, if yours is a 3rd gen how do you have 3 dots?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was fortunate to buy the second generation, SS, DAO pistol...owned it for aprox 2yrs and I use the Corbon DPX all copper bullets. Excellent, small, pocket cannon. No problems whatsoever...love it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine is 3rd generation, stainless. Took it to the range and ran 100 rounds through without a hiccup
and dead on accurate after I got used to the sights. Loaded up with Federal 165gr Hydra-Shocks and now it goes with me everywhere. This is one great small .45.

Very happy with my choice.

;D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Will pick it up next week, 3rd gen ss. Can't comment on loads or accessories but looking for a decent IWB, possibly adding a slip-on like Hogue, and a firm believer in lasers but don't know if there is one short enough that won't extend past the muzzle.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I haven't seen a good laser yet, would love to see one of those guide rod replacement lasers though. The Handall JR. won't fit on mine without trimming.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, maybe mine is not a "3rd gen." I didn't know about not having 3 dot sights. It IS a PT-145 Mil Pro. Does 3rd gen mean the single action trigger? I don't have that. Mine is DAO.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
3rd gen has an SA/DA trigger. The easiest most certain way to tell the difference is the 2nd letter of the serial number being a Z if it is a 3rd gen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Third Generation SS.

Had it for a week or two.

Just got the holster I wanted (Bianchi minimalist OWB).

Have put about 200 rounds through it . . . no problems.

Plan to take it out in public (CC) today for the first time.

Will probably soon be my primary CC. With my P3AT becoming a BUG and a deep concealment gun.

Also like to CC my RIA CS (Officer's Model 1911), that was my primary CC when I could carry something more than my P3AT.

1 - 20 of 546 Posts