Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I practice a bit of gunsmithing for family and close friends. I have a friend who brought me a pt145 millennium. He misplaced the takedown pin. Other than that it is a fully operational firearm. I have tried contacting taurus to get a replacement part to no avail. I scoured the internet looking for the part and it seems to be a needle in a haystack. I did however come across some pt 140 and pt111 takedown pins and they appear to be the same part. So I was wondering if anyone knew if these parts are the same specs and size and interchangeable. Thank you for your time.

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
I'm not exactly sure but they would come the closest to working out of anything you else you could find or make. If you can get your hands on one, I'd sure give it a shot so to speak. :D Between the two, I'd try the PT140 takedown pin.

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
Good luck with it and welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
872 Posts
I would try the P 40 pin first .Do you have a dial caliper,can be had for $30 ,then getting the specs from Taurus you can ascertain if it will work .

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
Do a search on eBay for PT145 disassembly pin. Saw one there a few minutes ago for $25.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
14,679 Posts
Sadly, due to the lawsuit, Taurus will not or cannot support this wonderful firearm anymore.

I kept mine and still love my little hand cannon!

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
Kept mine too. I occasionally check ebay for parts for mine. I don’t need any, but might try to score a captive recoil spring assembly. Sometimes see a batch of various parts I have no need of.

Reactions: RScottie

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Kept mine also, have a spare captive recoil spring assembly. I think a member still makes a stainless one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts