Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,I will be a new owner of a PT145 in a few weeks.what i need to know is what are some good holsters for it?I am a big guy 290 LBS so I would like a OWB but a IWB will work also as they do for my 2 24/7 pro.pictures would be a plus.

thanks rick :)

Administrator

Premium Member
I bought a Don Hume for my PT111, fit was good, price was good, and I got the same exact model holster setup for my revolver, so I reach the same way and draw the same way with both.

Registered
highnoonholsters.com
As far as IWB they have the less expensive ones that allow tuckage in stock and ready to ship.
SplitDecision IIRC.
Bunch of others available too, but wait times are long.

Registered
Hi Smokewagon,

You mentioned below that most holsters for Glocks fit Taurus pistols well. I currently have a PT640 PRO which I think is about the same size as the 24/7 C, PT140 or the PT145.

My question is what Glock models can I use for references when I look for a holster?

Hope you can help me out on this....many thanks!

Smokewagon said:
Here are a couple. The DeSantis holster doesn't list the 24/7, but many listed as Glock models work great with Taurus. I use this IWB for my PT145. Fits perfectly and stays where ever you place it on your belt. :thumb:

Administrator
Well nelsito, you stumped me there. I did a brief search and came up empty handed. I did run across some inexpensive IWB, but they were generic for various models. If you don't find anything I would suggest a custom made holster. I may order one, one day myself, with a little tooling and personal touch.

Registered
Thanks Smokewagon for your response.

Is there any way you can verify if my assumption that my PT640 PRO is about the same size (length, thickness, etc.) of the 24/7 C, PT140 and 145?

I based this assumption mainly on visual references from the Taurus USA site and the gallery here at TA.net...I actually haven't physically checked the other models with my gun.

Thanks again!

Administrator
I would recommend you physically compare the other models with your firearm. Wish I could have been more helpful. Maybe next time. Cheers

Registered
nelsito said:
Is there any way you can verify if my assumption that my PT640 PRO is about the same size (length, thickness, etc.) of the 24/7 C, PT140 and 145?
Contact Forjas Taurus (they distribute the 640 you have) and ask them. I do believe that in looking at the PT640 it is nearly identical to the PT140.

Registered
Smokewagon/NYPD, many thanks for your responses.

Would you know Forjas Taurus' email address or their customer service email? Unfortunately the site is in Portuguese and I can't understand it...

Registered
I would contact Taurus USA and ask them for contact information.

1-305-624-1115

Registered
For those interested, when I went to the local cop-shop to pick up the Fobus paddle holster for my PT145, I looked some of the other holsters they had and found a Desantis for the Glock 27 fit my PT145 pretty good even if a little tight. I forget the model now, but the only reason I didn't take it home then was because it was more than I wanted to spend at the moment. I will end up going back for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts