Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an in the wasteband thumb break holster for the PT145, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know fist makes some IWB holsters for the 145. I'm not sure if they offer a thumb break, but mine is tight enough I have never felt the need for one.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
One of our listed vendors, Tommy Theis makes IWB holsters that are very nice. I have had mine for about a week now and am still breaking it in. So far I love it. He makes them for your specific model. I do not think he puts thumb breaks on them however they are snug enough that mine does not need one to keep the gun secure. Check out his site either from the link on our vendors section or below.

TheisHolsters.com

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
Dude, just "Google" holsters and you'll find dozens of makers available.

As to "thumb snaps", in five + decades of carry I' ve never had the need for one on an IWB holster.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I am looking for an in the wasteband thumb break holster for the PT145, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Craig
You could try this: kirkpatrickleather.com They make some real nice holsters for that gun.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I use a Side Guard Holster at six o'clock, never a need for a thumb brake if the holster fits properly with proper belt tension. A good GUN belt is just as or more important as a good holster. When it feels like your not carrying then you have it right.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
i have 2 bianchi shadows, both with t breaks, one left one right, good piece-work well

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I've got my PT145 in a DM Bullard holster that I wear IWB appendix at 2 oclock, extremely nice and very secure. I know you would like one. He's got a tuckable one now I'm just dying to have, but I have no funds!!! Have a great Christmas and Happy New Year!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the Blackhawk leather OWB slide pancake. It is actually for the XD Compact but it fits perfect. It does have a thumb break.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies guys! I am looking for a thumb break holster for riding on my motorbike and because with my current duty weapon I have become quite familiar with the thumb break. There is a big difference between the gun working its way loose inside a car than during a 100 mile motorcycle ride! I know I can just Google anything, anyone that uses the internet knows that and it's no big secret, but personal experience and recommendations are more important to me than some companies marketing hype.

Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
What ever you do, don`t buy a FIST IWB holster!!!!! They are junk! I have one and they are pourly made. The throat on these are not re-inforced and when I draw my pistol the throat closes up. As soon as I get the money together i`m going to buy a Kramer IWB. They are pricey but, they are top quality holsters. I know this because I have an IWB and a OWB for my Kimber. Galco is also another quality product that I may consider. Also, for the PT-145, I believe holsters for the Springfield XD sub-compact will work. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have a High Noon Holsters Public Secret. Very secure and not only works with the PT145 but the PT709 as well. check it out.

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I notice the Galco holster doesn't list the PT145 as an option, do you use the one for the PT101 or the XD 3"?

Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
306 Posts
I use the same model for both the PT 145 and the PT 111. Both fit good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I use the " Uncle Mike's Sidekick Ambidextrous Hip Holster size 16." 3.5-3.75 bbl Med/Large Autos.
You can configure it for IWB or OWB. It has a thumb break. the holster comes with a magazine pouch sewn on the front, but i can't fit my pt145 mag in it, i just carry a spare mag in a seperate holder on my left side anyway. The model number to look up at Uncle Mike's is 70160. I love it, hope you find what your looking for.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Try the Remora. You do not need the thumb break (My Opinion). Easy on and off and very secure. The PT series are one of the few pistols that I trust to carry with a round in the chamber.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts