Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone direct me to a place to buy new mags for the PT 145 at a cost that is cheaper than Taurus Direct?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I'm surprised no one has corrected you, Milli Pro, for calling them clips. Some guys would give you a hard time. We know you meant mags.

·
32,735 Posts
We'll just have him report to the virtual dungeon for punishment for the 'clip' slip.

Having to listen to puns for hours,getting floobed with soft noodle cat-o-nine tails and Nerf bats, and listening to endless Obama speeches ought to straighten him up.

Surley this is in jest. Stop calling me Shirley and I never jest. LOL

Or we have a NFL "zebra" throw the yellow flag and penalize him for "clipping".LOL

Not to worry. Calling a mag a clip is going to happen many times here and in the future. Too easy to do.

·
32,735 Posts
Milli Pro. People will continue to call mags 'clips' for a long time to come. Even us who should know better. You're in good company.

Could bring all the links that have had others call mags 'clips', but it'd be a career reading them all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
;) That reminds me of my dad who passed away in March at 82. He always called em clips. For the Braves fans he also called Chipper Jones- Clipper Jones and I never bothered to correct him. ;) Chas

·
Administrator
40,363 Posts
If ya can't remember if its a mag or clip, metal thingies that hold the bullets should have you covered. :D

Oh yeah, Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
2 Posts
All the replys on "clips" just show we are good guys who like to do a grinning jab once in awhile. And you are a sport ( "sport" showing my age.. Laugh)for not getting p.o'ed. Our Taurus troops should be running this country.

·
Administrator
40,363 Posts
Mikenstl said:
Our Taurus troops should be running this country.
Yes, yes, yes... You'll do well here! :thumb: :wave: :wave: :wave:

·
32,735 Posts
Welcome to the forums Mikenstl.
Where are our manners?

Two new members inroduced in one thread. A couple more and this place will set a record. Not Guiness of course, but a record.LOL

Throwing your hat into the ring Smokewagon? One of the staff as V.P.? Perish the thought. That just is hard to wrap the mind around. LOL

·
Super Moderator
21,796 Posts
I think we call mags clips is because when most of us grew up it was on WWII movies where they always were running out of clips or hand me another clip. Or if your young then to the dungeon for ya

·
Registered
13 Posts
Clips, mags, mags, clips. I've seen ads selling magazines and they called them clips.
How did the name clip come about in the first place? Also, you read a magazine so how did that name come about? Is it also a cartridge? Is a round a round because it's round or because it's one of many? If it's one of many, should it be called e pluribus unum?

If you shoot your gun, did you fire it? If you fired it can it collect unemployment?

If you call a spade a spade, did you just call it a shovel?

Do you bring a hoe to a hoe down? If your girl is a hoe does that count?

Just curious.

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Some early semi-autos had stripper clips - a strip of bullets lined up, essentially.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts