Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a PT145 at a local gun show to use as a concealed carry firearm and I'm currently in the process of breaking it in, but I've noticed something that worries me and I was hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on my situation.

After putting roughly 200 rounds through the pistol, I noticed some very fine metal shavings on one of the frame rails when I disassembled the pistol to clean it and there are parts of the same frame rail that look to have been scratched or gouged. I was wondering if perhaps the shavings could be due to the fact that the pistol is new and is still being broken in, or if it's something more serious.

The ammo I used was a mixture of Remington UMC ball and JHP, I experienced no malfunctions during use of the pistol, and I never noticed any kind of resistance while racking the slide.

Here are a few pictures of the scratches on the frame rail:

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I think that is normal. My 24/7 is similar to what that looks like and has been flawless for about 1000 rounds.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Don't worry about it unless it gets to be a problem... mostly you are letting metal parts find their shared space. It does tell you where a little gun grease or lub would do well.

PS... are you shooting 230 gr rounds? I've found that like the Taurus offering in their .45's, my gun and I both prefer the 185 gr JHP rounds. I know that most commercial ammo, especially WWB is loaded with 230 Hard Ball, but since I reload, I've found that the 185 gr is more comfortable and controlable.

·
Registered
522 Posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts