Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried to fire the .45 GAP through a PT-145? Anyone think it would work?

·
Registered
339 Posts
No offense but I misread your screen name at first and thought it was pissin in a palm before I said, "WHAT?" Then, of course, I reread it as pissin napalm.

Old guys eyes I guess.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Devildog341 said:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried to fire the .45 GAP through a PT-145? Anyone think it would work?
It may do well to define "work"-- I think it may not chamber-- not sure....

I would not try it though...

IMHO, .45 GAP was a round that wasn't needed-- Stick to the tried and true PERFECT round-- The almighty .45 ACP---Its proven----

:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not planning on doing it and I agree, the .45 GAP is a gimmick round. I was just curious if anyone out there had a "Hey, y'all watch this!" moment.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Devildog341 said:
I was just curious if anyone out there had a "Hey, y'all watch this!" moment.
I heard that was a red neck's famous last words!

·
Registered
13 Posts
FWIW

A variety of ammunition was used in testing the PT-145. The abbreviated barrel still provided good velocity readings from the ammunition tested, and all ammo functioned perfectly in the little pistol. The feed ramp to the chamber is polished like a mirror, provided smooth feeding from the magazine. The ammunition tested was fired over the sky screens of a PACT chronograph set up at ten feet from the muzzle, with the results as follows:
Ammunition Velocity (FPS)
Cor-Bon 165 grain +P Hollowpoint 1121
Cor-Bon 200 grain +P Hollowpoint 966
Cor-Bon 230 grain +P Hollowpoint 867
Cor-Bon 165 grain +P PowRBall 1051
Speer 185 grain Gold Dot Hollowpoint (.45 GAP) 891
WCC US Military 230 grain Ball 701

Note that the Speer ammo tested is the short .45 GAP cartridge, which this pistol is not meant to use. I tested it out of curiosity, and it functioned perfectly through the Taurus. The high performance Cor-Bon ammo grouped five shots within two and one-half inches with every variety tried, at a range of twenty-five yards. This is very good combat accuracy from a compact pistol. I also ran some hand loaded 200 grain lead semi-wadcutter ammo through the Taurus, and it would group five rounds into one and one-quarter inches from a rested position at twenty-five yards. This is excellent accuracy from this little pistol, much better than many full sized target pistols.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Woodtick. My curiosity has been satisfied. I'm still not going to shoot the .45 GAP, but now I am armed with a bit of trivia. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts