Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am a newbe to room and need advice. It seemed to take some time to get my activation Email do to my settings I think.
I am thinking of buying a new PT 140 PRO tomorrow at the local gun show so I guess time is short. I have read all the problems people seem to be having with these guns and the service from Tarus, I have 3 of theirs and not a problem one. I want this for my CCW and as you know this is the one your going to count on. I have read the article on how to tell
the generations apart. Is the 3rd the best? Do they have the bugs out? Any advice would help me greatly!!!!
THANKS

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a gen 2 that i purchased a gunshow a month ago, i have put almost 300 rnds through it now, and i have yet to have any problems. I would say go for it if you find one with a good price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had mine for about two months, and fired about 1500 rounds through it. The only problems i've had with it have been cheapo ammo related, or from not cleaning the packing grease off the first time i fired it. Otherwise its been great! I carry it daily, it's very easily concealable in a holster under my shirt. The kick is very managable, I would definately recommend it as a CCW.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Nothing wrong with the PT 140 (or the 40cal), even though I personally have no use for a 40cal. weapon. If the price is right go for it :)

The PT111, PT140 and PT145 are all nice pistols for plinking or CC and Home Defense.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all 3 of you Velv, Warr Sp, and Drog I do thank you for the quick reply, it seems that some of the problems are with the .45 model more, but Im glad to see some .40 owners in here. The reason I'm gettin a .40 is that I have a 24/7 pro ss in that caliber and as you know brass and all equip. is going sky high. I've been outa this all for years, and the .40 wasn't around, but what I read on this site it's as good as the .45 and just a personal choice.
I would pick it over the 9mm to same my life.
And I would like to say again this is a great site.

·
32,481 Posts
Nothing wrong with the .40S&W cartridge or caliber. It just happened to wander in between the 9mm. and the .45ACP which were already established cartridges in their own right.It does a lot of things well, but us who have established ourselves along with the two other calibers mentioned have little reason to switch to .40 S&W. Many of us have both 9mm. and .45ACP guns and that covers the spectrum of what needs to be done for our needs.

Doesn't mean others have to think the same way.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Qwiks draw said:
Nothing wrong with the .40S&W cartridge or caliber. It just happened to wander in between the 9mm. and the .45ACP which were already established cartridges in their own right.It does a lot of things well, but us who have established ourselves along with the two other calibers mentioned have little reason to switch to .40 S&W. Many of us have both 9mm. and .45ACP guns and that covers the spectrum of what needs to be done for our needs.

Doesn't mean others have to think the same way.

Exactly my point... If I didn't own any 9mm and 45cal pistols, I would be more inclined to pick up something in 40cal.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well gentlemen I went out and bought the PT 140 pro SS today at the gun show today. I will shoot it tomorrow and let yall know how it does. I just hope they got the problems out of these guns I did get the 3rd generation. Thanks to this site and your posts I had learned how to tell them apart. I did see some new 1st and 2nd generations trying to be sold. I hope to carry this for my CCW.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
texas shooter said:
Well gentlemen I went out and bought the PT 140 pro SS today at the gun show today. I will shoot it tomorrow and let yall know how it does. I just hope they got the problems out of these guns I did get the 3rd generation. Thanks to this site and your posts I had learned how to tell them apart. I did see some new 1st and 2nd generations trying to be sold. I hope to carry this for my CCW.
Remember that 24/7 40cal mags will work in your PT140 pistol, but the mag will stick out the bottom about an inch. You should be able to order that mag spacer for the 24/7 Compact 40cal and this removes the gap and feels fine. If you have the need for an extra couple rounds in your mag.... and odds are it won't alter your CC much either, just an option ;)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks DRAEGER !
Thats what I like this group, people arent afraid to help. Well I got the gun and put a range report in the Mill Pro group if anyone is interested, all is great so far knock on wood, I guess we can take this post of now ? and thanks again for all yall's help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Go for the PT140 SS. I got mine a month ago and have put about 300 round through it. No problem once I got the factory gunk out.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again, I got mine so far so good! I guess who is ever in charge can delete this one, and again thanks for all of you fellow Taurus owners help !!!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
DRAEGER said:
Remember that 24/7 40cal mags will work in your PT140 pistol, but the mag will stick out the bottom about an inch. You should be able to order that mag spacer for the 24/7 Compact 40cal and this removes the gap and feels fine. If you have the need for an extra couple rounds in your mag.... and odds are it won't alter your CC much either, just an option ;)

Tried and true - had to find out for myself so I bought a 15 round 24/7 .40 cal magazine and went to the range today!! Went off without a hitch - Thanks Draeger

1 - 13 of 13 Posts