Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SA/DA MP PT140 that the trigger is only SA . If I have the gun unloaded and have racked the slide like I would be chambering a round I have SA which is normal. If I pull the trigger again... I have nothing. I have looked and looked that the slide and trigger assembly without anything sticking out as a problem. If I move the slide back just a "hair" I hear a click and the DA trigger works once.

Has anyone seen is issue? Any suggestions on resolving this would be great!!!

Thanks

Greg

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
No, my PT111, goes to DA for 2nd strike like it should, with or without a round in the chamber. However, I think it could be the fact that there is a slight adjustment problem in your slide.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Put an empty into it and see if DA trigger works then?

Yeah something wrong, but if it double strikes an empty I wouldn't worry about it until it gets worst.

Without a Decocker I think the DA part is kind of silly, only time mine doesn't go off the first time is usually when I put the primer in backwards loading them so it doesn't matter how many times I hit it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
please clarify, but you mean that if it's going to be DA, it ought to have a decocker also? how does a decocker help with it being a DA? i guess if it were normally SA, then you could decock it to make it become DA... but why? other guns fire SAO along with a safety, so it's similar to taurus. just personal preference, i guess?

and for the OP, what is 'nothing'??

does the trigger pull all the way back with out any resistance? does the trigger resist moving like it's stuck? is there not audible noise of a stricker firing?

if it moves without resistance (it doesn't pull back the firing pin), it's possible the trigger bar got bent slightly so it's still 'behind' the firing pin catch. this could also be supported by having to rack the slide just a scootch, as that would pull the firing pin catch behind the trigger bar and then allow full DA function. you could take the slide off, turn it upside down and place it beside the frame, in the normal rest position. that may help you see where the trigger bar is in relation to the firing pin catch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts