Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PT-140 PRO that drops the mags while shooting. I have replaced the mag release with one that Taurus sent me and I am still having the problem. It seems that the problem starts to occur after I have shot about 40-60 rounds at the range. When I called Taurus they told me it was the mag release....but replacing it has not stopped the problem or the mags dropping while firing.

Has anyone had this problem? If so, how did you resolve it? I love the gun and when the mags stay in place it fires great. Please help!

Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Greg

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had the same problem but it was fixed with a new mag releas you might want to try puting the mag releas on the other side to see if that fixes the problem if it does have tourus send you another mag releas
Ihope this helps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to put the mag release to the other side when I replaced it....the replacement will hold the mags in for about 50 rounds then drops them every time the gun is fired. The original was dropping the mags after every shot. The gun has been to Taurus for a 10 week vacation to replace the slide that cracked at the front (bottom) of the ejection port. I was very excited to purchase the gun...but to not have it for 20 weeks is pretty hard to stomach. Maybe I should JB-Weld and or Duck-Tape the mag in place the try to load it from the top with stripper clips..... :-\

1 - 3 of 3 Posts