Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the range today. Noticed that when one of the magazines is fully loaded the bullets rattle a bit. Doesn't happen when I load 9. Is this normal as the spring gets broken in? The other mag that came with the gun doesn't do this, seems solid. It doesn't seem to affect auto loading. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have the same rattle with my 2, 17 round PT92 magazines. It seems like the follower isn't applying equal pressure on the rounds after 8 or so go in. I've fired @ 300 rounds with no feed issues. For that matter I haven't had any FTF or FTE's either.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
My Kel-Tec P11 will do the same when loaded up. If I only have seven in it won't do it. But if there are between 8 and 10 in there it makes noise.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I notice that if I take out one and leave nine in the mag it's solid. Only does it when I have 7,8, or 10. Must be how they stack up. :-\

·
Administrator
40,386 Posts
I get a rattle sometimes in my PT111. I can tap the back of the mag in the palm of my hand, then tap the top cartridge end in the same fashion. No more rattle. Your mileage may vary as they say. :zzz:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts