Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen discussions on this board and others as to the firing pin smear on primers, but I just noticed that the ejected cases from my PT111Pro (third generation) have a slight bulge about 1/4 of the way up from the base. Now there have been no missfires and or fialure to feed. The weapon has opperated flawlessly since day 1.
Has anyone reloaded 9mm brass from the PT111PRO ? Any one have any problems? Just curious. Not concerned, I LOVE my 111 !

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is normal and noticed more or less depending on your particular firearm. The brass case expands to fill the chamber when fired, but if you look into the casing, you will see the web (base) - the expansion stops there causing the bulge in the case.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
This usually occurs when a pistol does not have a fully supported chamber (FSC), this is common on the Glock 40, but I think the PT111 has a FSC.

Anyway, this is not really a worry, it's part of the firing process, and if you decide to reload, the resizing die will take care of this for you. All cases when fired will bulge "slightly" and I am confident this is what you mean, and nothing that looks like it's about to explode... correct?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, You are correct, it doesnt apper to be anything extreme.. just never noticed it before. The brass I have from my 9mm Hi-Point doesnt appear to have the bulge, only those fired from the PT111.
I asked because I am saving my brass to reload one of these days. Was more a point of curiousity then anything else.
Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
No problem, I think you're fine....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts