Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in here. The PT111 G2 is a great gun and very accurate. I recently put 200 rounds through one and I am very impressed. The fit finish and accuracy was superb.

Not one failure at all.

I am sure you all know that, but I wanted to give my professional opinion. Taurus has great products.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
SSSSSHHHHHHHH, can't go against the status Quo................;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys/gals I'm new to the forum and have a question. First let me say that I own a PT-111 G2 as well as its matching but slightly nastier twin sister the PT-140 (Both with Stainless Slides) Hard to tell them Apart, Must be careful.
My question is that I am considering the purchase of a stainless guide rod assembly for both guns but can only find them labeled PT-111... Are they the same recoil spring/guide rod for the PT-140?
PS My Wife has a Pt738 as her purse gun. All in the family. I am actually looking for a second PT-111 as soon as a good sale passes my way. Redundancy is a Beautiful Thing!

·
Vendor
864 Posts
They are different between the guns. Take out the ones you have and compare them. The PT140 G2 uses a different size recoil assembly, different springs and the factory one is steel on the PT140. They are not interchangeable.

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
My PT 111 G2 is about due to go into it's carry rotation. Can't beat the package of capacity, accuracy, reliability and ease of carry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the info. Seems if the rod in the PT-140 is already steel then it should not have the same issue i've read about the PT-111 having. Guess I just need 1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking to do just the same... The way I look at it is having two or more guns that feel the same, fire the same, operate the same, breakdown the same, fit in the same holster, use the same magazines (and ammo) is better from a self defense, home defense point of view than having 2, 3 or more guns that do not. Redundancy! When on gun stops working for any reason everything you have (magazines, spare parts etc) will work with the remaining guns.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I like the PT111 G2 this much:
G2 Squared Web.jpg

At this point, I've added Lakeline fiber optic sites and stainless recoil assemblies to all of them.

Reactions: K9s and loudviking

·
Registered
65 Posts
What Ammo???

Hi All,

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in here. The PT111 G2 is a great gun and very accurate. I recently put 200 rounds through one and I am very impressed. The fit finish and accuracy was superb.

Not one failure at all.

I am sure you all know that, but I wanted to give my professional opinion. Taurus has great products.

What Ammo???

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Looking to do just the same... The way I look at it is having two or more guns that feel the same, fire the same, operate the same, breakdown the same, fit in the same holster, use the same magazines (and ammo) is better from a self defense, home defense point of view than having 2, 3 or more guns that do not. Redundancy! When on gun stops working for any reason everything you have (magazines, spare parts etc) will work with the remaining guns.
That was one excuse I used. The other excuse was that the mag prices were so high that I convinced myself that the second PT-111 with two mags was a better way to go than buying two more spares. Then I discovered that P226 mags fit. It is all on some TA thread here from years ago. :)

Seriously, if I shoot one at the range and don't have a chance to clean it right away, I have one ready to go. I still think the PT-111 is one of the best values ever. Great gun!

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I looked at a lot of 9mm compact/subcompacts before I decided on the G2. It has all the features of more expensive guns, and even some additional features that the others don't offer. I agree completely that the Taurus PT111G2 is one of the best (if not THE best) 9mm values currently available.

Reactions: K9s
1 - 14 of 14 Posts