Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Taurus web site has both the 10 round and 12 round PT 111 as the same size all around. Is that possible?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know that but my state allows 12 rounds. I wanted to know what the size difference was between a 12 round and a 10 round PT 111. It would seem that the 10 round PT 111 would have a shorter grip than the 12 round.

·
Registered
69 Posts
David is correct I have a second generation pt 111 mil pro non titatium version mine is the stainless one . It came with 1 10 round magazine when i bought it and i bought a second magazine 12 rounder the next day . After a few range sessions i disassembled both and cleaned them . the 10 round follower is thicker from top to bottom and the 12 rounder is kinda hollow like with little thin sidewalls and thick on top . In the process of finding a few new 12 round mags along with a 12 round follower b/c my 10 round 1 just broke :( in half . I did buy the gun used so that 1 10 round magazine probably was ready to be replaced anyway :)

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Mag loading is a lot to do with the follower. I have some Glock 10 rd mags, that are the same size as 17 rd. I have not taken them apart, but that has to be the difference even there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts