Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere you might be able to use a speedloader for a ruger p89 on the pt-111.
I would really like to have one. Anybody know any solutions?

·
32,811 Posts
The Ruger web site or catalog has loaders for the P95 or P89 double column magazines and mine works well for the PT111 magazines. It takes a little practice, but it can work. Generic plastic loaders that gun stores sell can work well too. I took my PT111 mags to the store. The loaders were in a fishbowls. The clerks let me try out various loaders to see if they would work or not. Your store might let you test drive a few. Saves you money on handling and shipping. I keep a few of the plastic ones around in case the metal reloaders are missplaced. There are alway at least one or two in the range bag.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yes, I have both the P89 and the PT111. The ruger style reloader works perfectly on both. Promag sells the same reloader for about $6. You can get them from Midwayusa.com They're well made and very easy to use.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anyone tried the hks loaders for taurus .380 or 9mm/.40?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Butler Creek has come up with a pretty slick mag loader. It will load ALL mags of ANY cal. Yup, that's right ANY of 'em. It' called the 'uplula' and Brownells has 'em #100-003-052 around 30 bucks I think. Just had to pass this along - I love new improved gadgets!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up with a hks gl-940, with a little practice it's works ok, it's got a sharp edge that tends to catch my thumb sometimes, just need to trim it off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The only seed loader to get for any gun is the UpLula. I just got one and it's AMAZING!!! Well worth the price about 30 bucks. Google it and check it out on youtube. I've tried a few other speed loaders and sent them all back. Happy Dayz!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Its well worth the money spent trust me! Me and my wife normally go through about 500-800 rounds each range trip. She is only good for loading about 100 rounds before her hands start to hurt, shes a nurse so she has to have soft delicate hands lol I end up loading all my ammo and the rest of hers so by the end my thumb and fingers are sore and the next day I can really feel it, call me a wussy I know lol. Saturday we went to shoot her 9mm and my Sigma and we went through 500 rounds of reloads and 5 boxes of 50 round Blazer Brass so 750 total, I loaded every single one with the Uplula and I did not feel a thing during or right after or even today when I got up, its really a great thing to have if you plan on shooting more then a few magazines worth of ammo

·
Registered
15 Posts
I second MPanova. The UpLula is a dream to use. Fits all my mags from 9mm to .45 ACP :clap:

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
The Butler Creek and Mag are both the same sold under different names. I have one of each on minor labels differences and packaging. Probably both made by Mag Lulu.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I'm still waiting to get one the Baby UpLulu that works with .22LR to 380. I've been watching for it now for 6 months only to have it bump up another month. Now they simply have it coming soon.

·
Registered
167 Posts
608 racer said:
Butler Creek has come up with a pretty slick mag loader. It will load ALL mags of ANY cal. Yup, that's right ANY of 'em. It' called the 'uplula' and Brownells has 'em #100-003-052 around 30 bucks I think. Just had to pass this along - I love new improved gadgets!
I have "uplula" .. works on single & double stack mag. was about $30 .. i use it for 9, 40 & 45 mag .. hell of a lot better than the one that comes with an XD kit .. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts