Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:DW ell, I took the PT-111 to the range this afternoon and fired 2 boxes of ammo. The WWB and Fiocchi 115gr FMJ both shot about 2" left and 2" low at about 7 & 15 yds. At 20-25 yds they dropped about another 1". With 124gr American Eagle the were POA out to about 20 yds and after that to about 25 yds they dropped about 2". Part of this could be me, but the groups at all distances are staying at 4-5" right now. I did fire 12 rounds of 124 gr. Fed Hi-Shoc (that are my current carry load) and they were POA at 7-10 yds and tore out the center ring pretty well. They grouped at that range at 3" for all 12 rounds. I figure that is about the distance I'd need for self defense outside the home. I did have one of the 124 gr American Eagle rounds that just flat refused to load. I left it with the range guy and he said he'd have the gunsmith look at it tommorrow, just for the heck of it. That is the only problem of any sort that I've had with the PT-111 since getting it back from the factory. I've now got 212 rounds through it and it appears to like the 124grs best, which is ok with me, as they are the loads that I'm reading that seem to be most effective in real street situations.
At this rate the PT-111 is well on its way to becoming tied with the .357 snubbie for my #1 carry gun. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts