Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a PT 111 and am confused as to what generation it is. It is definately a 2d or 3d but dont know which. Have read forum and still dont know. It says PT 111 on right side and Millennium Pro on left. It has 3 dot sights. Two 12 round mags. SN TZA 80xxx which some threads say it is made in 2006? Can anyone advise correct Gen? Took it to range today and am really satisfied with it. Never missed a beat with wwb and then some hollow points. I bought it used (very little), had no box etc. Thanks and you all have a great forum here!! ;D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Re: PT 111 what do I have?

Jim,

Welcome to the board. Looks to me like you've got yourself a PT111 Millennium Pro DAO second generation autopistol. This was my very first Taurus and it was a good one. I (like an idiot) traded it up for a PT145 of the same gen. which is also a very good gun.

Mike

·
32,720 Posts

Jimcombo. Welcome to the forum.
Two ways to take care of this.At www.taurususa.com site, click on Customer Care tab on the left hand side of the screen. Then scroll to the Find My Model. Click on that and enter the gun's serial number. That should get you the answer.

If that doesn't work then call Customer Service at phone# 305-624-1115. The responder can get the info you need from there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks Guys, I thought it was Gen 2 but not sure. I tried the Taurus site and entered my serial number but it stated couldnt find. Thanks again, sure like this lil gun. ;D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: PT 111 what do I have? New Info Qwiks draw & Schlemer

I called Taurus and the lady had to leave phone to look up my serial number. She said it is a 3d gen PT111. All 3d gen pistols dont just have Mil on left and PT 111 Pro on right along with straight 8 sights. Mine has Mil Pro on left and only PT 111 on right, also has 3 dot screwed in sights. Must have many variations of same gun. Best to call and let them look it up. Jim

·
32,720 Posts
There were modifications inhouse done to many of the 2nd and 3rd generation pistols of various models. Too easy to forget. Might be wise to keep this info for the future for those who go looking.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have tried to look up a few serial numbers on the Taurus web site and never had any info come back. Has anyone ever got that query to work?

So Jimcombo if it's 3rd Gen. can you notice the SA/DA trigger? I'm asking because I'm days away from getting my PT 111 and the wait is killing me slowly!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Jimcombo said:
I called Taurus and the lady had to leave phone to look up my serial number. She said it is a 3d gen PT111. All 3d gen pistols dont just have Mil on left and PT 111 Pro on right along with straight 8 sights. Mine has Mil Pro on left and only PT 111 on right, also has 3 dot screwed in sights. Must have many variations of same gun. Best to call and let them look it up. Jim
Well isn't that interesting. You learn something new everyday. I concur with Rabid_Dog, check to see if it is SA/DA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think this gun is DAO. does not go back to SA every time I pull trigger. Always the same. Makes me wonder about the lady that gave me info. SN says 3d and cut out for extractor says 3d but everything else says 2d. Plot thickens huh. :-\

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Good post, let's get to the bottom of it.

This was posted to me by wolfmank80,
SA/DA trigger:
To verify, unload the gun, check it twice, pull the trigger and hold it in.
Pull the slide back and release it. Slowly release the trigger and it should reset with
minimal travel SA. Pull the trigger again and then release it all the way. Now your back to DA.

There may very well be hybrids of the 2nd and 3rd Gen models, this is important to figure out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rabid_Dog - Just did it 2 times and it went clear back so must be DAO. It did not reset after short release. Dont know why the serial number would show as 3d but thats what the lady said. Oh well, the darned thing shoots excellently no mater what gen it is, I'm happy. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
2009 SA/DA PT111BP has Millennium on the left and PT 111 PRO on the right and came w/heinie sights. with 24/7 17 rds mags and fingers sleeves its almost like my calico-load once and have fun blasting away.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Jimcombo said:
Thanks Guys, I thought it was Gen 2 but not sure. I tried the Taurus site and entered my serial number but it stated couldnt find. Thanks again, sure like this lil gun. ;D
Leave out the space in the SN and try it that way

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just tried the serial number search on my 709 Slim and it worked , I will try it on the PT145 as soon as I get it , supposedly 10-12-09 .

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just got the PT145 today and the serial number search says it is 2009 production .
MILLENNIUM on the left and PT145 PRO on the right and with straight eights . "NCT" for the serial number prefix .
Now to find time to go and shoot it .

·
Registered
32,163 Posts
Acadamey Sporting Goods had some hybrids last year for Black friday that were DAO, they sold them new for $219, and this one sounds like one of those.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts