Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if someone could check something for me and post the results.

Please unload your PT111 before you check this for me!!

While looking at the barrel, "right down the bore" grab the slide move it left and right, up and down, and see if there is any motion that would seem excessive, both with the action closed and open.

I was noticing some movement when I was checking mine, and rather than go to a gun shop and check on theirs.

I thought of the guys here that might look and see. Even a 380, 140, or 145 might give some results.

After my short session with both the PT111 and a 2" snubby revolver where I was hitting more consistent with the Snubby, I notices some movement of the slide that I do not know if it is normal or should be looked at.

Administrator
My PT145 has only enough movement in the slide that you can feel it. My PT111 locks up tight. No problems with either one and they are dead on. I think some movement should be normal.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would expect some movement, as your talking about parts that slide on each other. This is my first semi auto, short sight plane, and learning the Heine sights I am trying to determine if the shooting low and off to a side is me or the gun.

While I was more accurate both with the Judge, and 22LR SA both of them had a longer sight plane. 6.5" barrel, and 4.75" respectively. Then I bought a Rossi Snubby W/2" barrel, and just about all of my shots were within target, with several in a direct line with each other slightly above the bullseye. At the same distance, almost all of my shots with the PT111 were way below the centerline of the target, and some did not even make the paper. They were both shot at about 12 yards.

This made me look closely at the action on the PT111, in addition to the sights. Before I shoot up a 1000 rounds trying to perfect my sighting and trigger pull.

Administrator
If you haven't tried it already, try shooting from a support. And if you have Hienie straight eights, they do take getting used to.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My last session that I discussed above was done from a temp. bench that I put together. Of course, now I need to get some form of a bag, or rest for the front of the gun, to eliminate me possibly pulling it down as that could also be part of the problem.

OH, I definitely have the Heinie straight jacket 8 sights. I do find them a little frustrating, but like I said a 357 snubby firing 38's I was much more consistent, not quite up to my shooting with the Judge, or 22LR but close.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts