Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on what a used PT-111 should go for? It looks in decent condition. Just lookin for another one of the house that's stronger than my wife's Ruger SR-22 Raspberry.

I think able be fine handling it because she has fibromyalgia and can't handle a ton of recoil. Hence the SR-22 to start with.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well, the PT111 G2 has recently sold for $200 online, but that's with one mag and no case. I wouldn't pay more than that, even though the gun is worth more than that if you were to price it in a vacuum.

If it's just a 'PT111' then you might have to pay more, but I would just get a G2. They're great!

Also, I just taught a petite woman with arthritis how to shoot with a G2. She handled the recoil just fine and was able to keep on target and had no limp wristing. The recoil is similar to a full size polymer 9mm ie very controllable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just received my PT111 G2 from kygunco.com and it came with 2 mags for roughly $200 shipped. They are on back order and could take roughly 30-45 days to get it. Took just over 2 weeks for mine when at the time they were saying 3-4 weeks so who knows. Palmetto State Armory also had them in the $200 range, not sure if there is a shipping charge or not but the last I saw they were in stock. For $200 you can't go wrong if you are interested in a PT111 G2. They do now come in a box instead of a case, I just ad them to the pile in my closet never to be used again like the rest of them. lol

·
Registered
618 Posts
Any ideas on what a used PT-111 should go for? It looks in decent condition. Just lookin for another one of the house that's stronger than my wife's Ruger SR-22 Raspberry.

I think able be fine handling it because she has fibromyalgia and can't handle a ton of recoil. Hence the SR-22 to start with.

If we're talking about the PT111 Millennium Pro G2 9mm:

Online, they're going to run around $200 for the blued slide, and $250-$270 for the Stainless slide. On Armslist new/used and at your local gun shop new, they're going to run anywhere between $250-$350 range for the Blued or Stainless slide version. You're best bet would be to pick up one from PSA or KyGunCo because you most likely are not going to get online prices in offline sales. If you buy from PSA, the gun will ship faster, but they charge $17 or so for shipping. You'll be paying approx $216 shipped. If you buy from KyGunCo, shipping is free, but there's currently a 30-45 day backorder.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK thank you! I found one in my local shop for $289 looks and functions great so does that sound about a good price for it I believe its a gen 2

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
OK thank you! I found one in my local shop for $289 looks and functions great so does that sound about a good price for it I believe its a gen 2

No, that's way too high. A used PT111 G2 in excellent condition should go for about $175 today. Taurus lowered the price recently, and used prices have not recognized that yet.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
People . please dont mistake the PT111 G2 with the word generation... or gen 2...... It is also not a milpro as the original pt111`s were as both gen 2 and gen 3.....I know it can be confusing, but when you mention milpro or gen 2 you are not talking about the new G2.

·
Registered
24,543 Posts

Compared to what you can get on line right now, That is too much money. Get new for 200+ from Kentucky Gun Co or Palmetto State armory

·
Registered
538 Posts
Well, the PT111 G2 has recently sold for $200 online, but that's with one mag and no case. I wouldn't pay more than that, even though the gun is worth more than that if you were to price it in a vacuum.

If it's just a 'PT111' then you might have to pay more, but I would just get a G2. They're great!

Also, I just taught a petite woman with arthritis how to shoot with a G2. She handled the recoil just fine and was able to keep on target and had no limp wristing. The recoil is similar to a full size polymer 9mm ie very controllable.
Mine came from KYGunCo. with 2 mags. $197.95 shipped free.

·
Registered
29,862 Posts
Depending on condition, # of mags and accesssories they "were" going from $200-$350 here. However, all the sales on the newer PTR-111 G2's, odds are they'll go for the lower end of the price spectrum.

·
Registered
618 Posts
No, that's way too high. A used PT111 G2 in excellent condition should go for about $175 today. Taurus lowered the price recently, and used prices have not recognized that yet.
Only 2 online stores temporarily are selling it at that price. Buds was one of them, but even they went back to normal pricing. Search armslist for all around the country as well as google for other online gun trading post prices. None at all sell used for $175. If you're not purchasing the G2 online from PSA or KyGunCo, you're not going to get the gun for $200 or less... Google other online gun retailers. because just about all are selling the PT111 G2 new for $265-$300. Gun shops are going to be marked up even higher...

OP, if you do not want to purchase the gun online and the gun you're looking at is in fact Taurus Millenium G2 mint, that is about the price you're going to find them being sold at most gun shops. I would purchase new online from PSA or KyGunCo though if I were you before they sell out and prices go back to normal.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Only 2 online stores temporarily are selling it at that price. Buds was one of them, but even they went back to normal pricing. Search armslist for all around the country as well as google for other online gun trading post prices. None at all sell used for $175. If you're not purchasing the G2 online from PSA or KyGunCo, you're not going to get the gun for $200 or less... Google other online gun retailers. because just about all are selling the PT111 G2 new for $265-$300. Gun shops are going to be marked up even higher...

OP, if you do not want to purchase the gun online and the gun you're looking at is in fact Taurus Millenium G2 mint, that is about the price you're going to find them being sold at most gun shops. I would purchase new online from PSA or KyGunCo though if I were you before they sell out and prices go back to normal.
I understand that. Nobody wants to sell a mint PT111 G2 at a huge loss, but current market prices will eventually dictate used prices. As of today, you can buy a new PT111 for $200-$217 delivered, so why would anyone pay $200-$250 for a used one?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I understand that. Nobody wants to sell a mint PT111 G2 at a huge loss, but current market prices will eventually dictate used prices. As of today, you can buy a new PT111 for $200-$217 delivered, so why would anyone pay $200-$250 for a used one?
Because that's temporary "online" prices. Online and f2f and gun store prices are 2 separate things. The price you're going to find it for online isn't the price people will sell it for in person or at gun stores. If the prices eventually go back up, not many are going to sell for $175 when they're going for more and people are will to pay for more.

·
Registered
618 Posts
It's not just two online retailers selling at the $200 price point. It will take more time for the new pricing to filter down.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/m...i-purchased-millenium-g2-sale-199-99-a-3.html
We will see. I've been trading and selling f2f for a while. I've had this arguement with dozens of sellers on armslists and in trading post, and they will tell you that if you can find better, then go find it. They don't care what you can find it online for. Currently, the f2f market and gun store value will be in the $250-$350 range. If prices go back up everywhere, from my experience, most will sell for more than they paid or rather keep the gun than to selling it in the sub $200 range. Just like there aren't many people who purchased a rifle, pistol, ammo, etc 2 years ago when prices where lower who were willing to resell it for what they paid for it or lower knowing the the current market value went up.

Then there are guys out there that watch Armslist and other gun site like hawks looking for people selling below what they know others are willing to pay. They buy up these "deals" and will resell the gun for profit or use it as higher trade value.

If the $200 well runs dry and prices return to normal, then IMHO, prices will stay in the $250+ range. If prices stay in the $200 range and more shops start selling in that range, then the price will drop. Time will tell, but right now, you'll be hard pressed to find more than a couple of online or any local shops that will sell that cheap.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I sold my gen 1 PT111 for $200 not long ago, included 2 extra mags. It's going to be difficult to get under the $200 mark.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Locally there is a gen1 pt111 with one extra mag listed for $375. I think he might have sold it for $350. I don't understand that.

·
Registered
30 Posts

My brand new PT111 G2 was $199.00. At that price point, I wouldn't buy a used one for more than $150. Oh, that included TWO magazines.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
uploadfromtaptalk1422254105019.jpg this isn't the exact gun but this is the style grip it has if that helps identify it better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts