Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my G2 a couple months ago when Buds had them in stock. Finally got some ammo and was able to put some rounds through it yesterday!

Overall, I put 250 rounds through the gun yesterday. I was shooting some reloads I got from a friend, and had great success. Not a single FTF or FTE. I'm very happy with the trigger pull, and after getting my grip correct, was able to get some decent groupings. I wasn't really taking tons of time between shots. The recoil is so manageable on this gun that I found myself taking very quick follow up shots and not really taking time to line then up for the best groupings.

115grn FMJ reloads, 12 rounds at 7 yards, 10 rounds at 15 yards. I had about a 3 mph cross wind coming from my right
(the 3 shots all low and level with each other I was putting the front sight below the "bullseye" at 15 yards. The 1 very low shot I dont know what I did, but it was my fault.)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I think a lot of folks targets look similar the first time they fire the G2. Welcome, and enjoy!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Nice shootin! Congrats on the PT111 G2 and a good day at the range. Now keep working on finding it more to eat!! :)

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Hey Zbaber...that ain't bad shooting, and welcome to the forum.
When I first got my 111 (09). I was off the paper low and left at 10 yards. It took a while for me to get accustomed to the trigger.
I do believe you could hit the BG- if called on to do so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone.

These 22 shots were the first 22 shots I put through the gun, so I'm not at all upset with my results. My last handgun was a Keltec P-11, so as you can imagine, its a whole different world of control and accuracy with the G2.

I'm really surprised by how accurate I was able to shoot being that this was my first time shooting the gun (or any taurus semi auto for that matter)

I could tell my groupings got better with each magazine I shot through the gun, but I moved on to just plinking things like milk jugs and old metal barrels so I dont really have any other targets to show off.

I will be sure to update this post with any further target destruction that I can get worked in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts