Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
32,257 Posts
For me the SR9c is a bit easier to carry than the PT145 because it's a bit thinner and has shorter grip with the 10rd mag. I don't have the PT111 to compare.
I own both the PT145 and the G2 PT111 and they carry just alike, only about 3/16" thicker in the slide and grip for the PT145, otherwise the same

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have to say my SR9c is going to be hard to beat. I chose it after a head to head comparison w/ a G26, M&P9c, and XDs.

The SR9c's trigger was the deciding factor. I have yet to find a factory trigger that is as good as the SR9c trigger.

That in addition to the inclusion of the full size mag with higher capacity, great ergonomics, and price compared to the other firarms I compared it to made it an easy choice.

Tomorrow I'll find out how my new G2 stacks up against it.

Reactions: Danwin22

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
I own an SR9, an SR9C, and an SR45. I DON'T own a G2. I compared them, and went with the Ruger. I find that neither pistol is "lovely", both are utilitarian in looks. I also found the SR9c to have a better trigger than the G2 out of the box.

All three of my SR series guns have been 100% in reliability.

All three of my SR series are quite accurate in my hands.

I CC my SR9c without issue.

The SR9c has a 3.5" barrel, it is 6.85" long, and weighs 23.4 oz. It is 1.27" wide, at the safety levers.

The PT111 has a 3.2" barrel, is 6.24" long, and weighs 22.0 oz.

With specs that close, it's going to be a measure of personal opinion that determines which is an individuals best choice. Depending upon state laws, the 2 round difference may be legislated away, as well.

Shoot both guns side by side, if possible, and see which one you like the best. Buy same. If it's that difficult a choice, buy BOTH. ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Couple of comments on benefit of high cap mags being available for the Ruger...same for the PT111 G2. Taurus 24/7 gen 1 17 rounder and Sig P226 18 rounder both work great. I've never fired the Ruger, but to me for a CCW gun the Taurus is the clear winner. Only thing I would like to see on the Taurus is a decocker to be able to carry in double-action mode rather than single-action with safety on.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Couple of comments on benefit of high cap mags being available for the Ruger...same for the PT111 G2. Taurus 24/7 gen 1 17 rounder and Sig P226 18 rounder both work great. I've never fired the Ruger, but to me for a CCW gun the Taurus is the clear winner. Only thing I would like to see on the Taurus is a decocker to be able to carry in double-action mode rather than single-action with safety on.
The 24/7 G2C guns are just slightly larger than the Millennium G2's and they have DA/SA trigger + decocker safety. I have the 24/7 G2C in .45 and I love it. The Ruger SR9c and SR40c are excellent CCW's with the shorty mags. As others mentioned above, I also love the Ruger trigger.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've owned the SR9C, I loved that gun, I've only shot the G2 at a range a couple times, but never owned one. they're both great for CCW. the G2 will give you more ammo, I don't think you can go wrong with either gun though. Figure which fits best in your hand and which one you're more accurate with.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've owned the SR9C, I loved that gun, I've only shot the G2 at a range a couple times, but never owned one. they're both great for CCW. the G2 will give you more ammo, I don't think you can go wrong with either gun though. Figure which fits best in your hand and which one you're more accurate with.
Don't forget, the SR9c comes with both a 10 & 17 round magazine.

Reactions: Danwin22

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can. Although some people are against it I have done this and it works perfectly and safely. As an added bonus the safety can also be engaged while carried if one so desires. Here you go:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I would opt for the river sr9c, Now If I already had one (sr9c) this would be my excuse for finally giving the G-2 a chance. I have not owned or fired a G-2 or G-3. I am partial to the first Gens despite the recall. No complaints about the G-2 or G-3 not even a lack of desire I`d like to grab one, I consider it like well sleeping with the wife`s younger sister might be just me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Follow-up;

I swapped out the recoil rod and striker guide in the Taurus PT111 with stainless steel parts from LakeLine.

Galloway makes S/S parts for the Ruger SR9C but I'm not sure if I'll replace them as I've not heard of any failures.

·
Administrator
18,413 Posts
Fixed the Thread Title header for you! :)

For myself, the PT111 series Pistols have always felt better in the hand and I can shoot them easier than the SR9C.
My third gen PT111 has been an excellent late Spring and Summer Carry Pistol. I did put the Lakeline Recoil Spring Assembly in it and it does seem to help it run smoother.
I have the Stainless Steel Striker Guide, but have not installed it yet.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
What benefit do you get from switching out the striker guide to the SS one on the PT111?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ruger SR9C & Taurus PT111 G2.

View attachment 480349
Has the PT111's finish been touched up? About a year of EDC mine became quite holster worn. Not fair to compare it to the finish on my SRs because I lucked into getting all of them stainless. Not that I'm bi**ing about the finish of my PT111 G2, it's been an amazing gun up until I retired it from EDC but if I had it all to do over I'd have looked a little harder for the SS like my PT 140. Nothing wrong with the SR series or the PTs either. Except I find the stippling on the Tauri to be superior.

·
Administrator
18,413 Posts
What benefit do you get from switching out the striker guide to the SS one on the PT111?
Other than the Steel vs. Polymer longevity/durability, not much.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts