Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been waiting patiently for a week to take this baby out to the range. Finally got my chance today, in celebration of President's Day. I had two clips loaded with Blazer aluminum casing 9mm. I fired them at a target 15 feet away. I wanted to make sure my sights were setup correctly. All of my shots were to the left. I figured it was me, again. I went ahead and fired one box of Federal ammo at that target, hitting mostly left low, left high, left middle, etc. For the second box, I decided to test the sights more thoroughly. I fired three rounds at a time at 21 feet. For the first six rounds, I braced myself on the firing line barrier. My first three shots were dead center three inches high and three inches low. Next 3 shots were inside the center circle. That pretty much made it clear to me that it was the shooter's problem and not the weapon's. When I took my time and pulled the trigger properly, my shots were much much closer to my intended target.

I got used to the G2's trigger pretty quickly. I pulled the trigger back to the point where I first felt resistance, then I was ready to squeeze the trigger to fire. It worked out very well. I went through 124 rounds of ammunition and had not one FTF or FTE. Over all, a very positive experience with this weapon. Having not had much experience firing pistols, I am excited to continue the learning process.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congrats on your new Taurus, and a nice write-up on your range report.

·
Registered
29,958 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of over "1 MILLION" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

Congratulations on snagging a G2!
:thumb:

I love my "Generation 3" PT-111's and will be glad when the G2 models hit my are in order to test drive one myself.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I agree with y'all. That trigger break is way back there, but once you find it, this pistol can be highly accurate. I'm sure more accurate than I'm capable of!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
All ture of the PT 111 but I`ve grown into .....It is becoming my go to on a daily basis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts