Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
This is not a challenge. It is only a question to help me be informed. Why?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just have questions about carrying a striker fired pistol cocked,mental thing i guess.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Just have questions about carrying a striker fired pistol cocked,mental thing i guess.
Many of us had the same concern, I know I did when first looking at a striker fired gun.
Most striker fired guns have a striker block, even if the sear slips off the striker, it will not hit the cartridge primer, because of the striker block... unless the trigger is pulled.

If you'd like to check it for yourself, pull your slide off and remove the barrel. Try to push the striker forward. It doesn't move to expose the firing pin. There is a round plunger that the trigger bar engages that will allow the striker to move fully forward. If you push the plunger with a pencil, you will now be able to move the striker forward.

I hope this will ease your concerns, if not, Taurus offers a hammer fired compact gun as well.

Perfectly safe, unless the trigger is pulled. The thumb safety will prevent the trigger for being accidently pulled.

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
The only thing that scared me more than a striker is a 1911 cocked and locked. In both cases I just carried them until it didn't bother me though I prefer striker cause I'm not old enough for Social Security. Lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,246 Posts
^^^^^^^^^
Ah the goodoledays;

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
It bothered me initially, I started with the 809 so I could decock it for safety concerns. Then I got the PT111 and was concerned so I practiced the Israeli method.... Them I realized I may as well leave it home if it wasn't loaded.....I carried it loaded till I got used to it. Now it is no big deal.....
Once loaded it only gets removed from the holster for shooting or to unload and put it away in the safe.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
The only thing that scared me more than a striker is a 1911 cocked and locked. In both cases I just carried them until it didn't bother me though I prefer striker cause I'm not old enough for Social Security. Lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Yeah, although people do it all the time, I never liked the idea of a 1911 cocked and locked....just as safe as any other method though. When I was in the Marines, they would not let us do this, unless something was up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts