Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, the front sight post on my Taurus PT111 Pro came new in box with a stripped front sight post screw. Now that I'm looking at buying williams firesights, I realize that I may not be able to live with this bug any longer.

Does anybody know...
1) How should I extract the screw?
2) How should I replace it? I've heard Taurus does not send any parts.... and I'm sure not sending it back to them for months for this.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
After stripping the front sight hex screw, I took a dremel and a saw blade and cut it loose, installed the HiViz fiber optic. It is crappy because I like to recycle my gun parts, but I haven't planed on using that again... so it's a wash!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are you certain it's stripped? It is a smaller size than the rear screw is. The supplied hex wrench only works for the rear sight. Mine came out of the box sitting as far left as it could and still be on the gun. I just adjusted it tonight and was lucky enough to have a hex wrench set in my tool chest.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought a PT-140 and to my dismay the front sight was loose. To top it off the screw was stuck. I tried heating the sight, PB blaster, no dice. I took it to the 'smith at the local Gander Mtn. and he couldn't loosen it either and said to come back in an hour or two. He said he needed to heat up the front sight thoroughly. I was only charged $10 and he said the screw was a little crooked. He didn't have any metric screws so he told me not to put loctite on it until I get a new screw.

When I got home I removed the screw and he was right, that thing is crooked! If Taurus doesn't send me a replacement, hopefully I can find one at the hardware store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts