Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to reduce my gun inventory so up for sale is my PT 101 with a PT92 police SS slide. I have never mounted up the PT 92 slide and have only shot the 101 a few times. You will get 2 mags for each caliber and the holster as well.

I bought the the slide on this site from MagnumGuage.

Asking $500 shipped for the package for those on the site.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
I've decided to reduce my gun inventory so up for sale is my PT 101 with a PT92 police SS slide. I have never mounted up the PT 92 slide and have only shot the 101 a few times. You will get 2 mags for each caliber and the holster as well.

I bought the the slide on this site from MagnumGuage.

Asking $500 shipped for the package for those on the site.
Miss that slide. It shoots great for anyone interested.

·
Registered
13,871 Posts
For what it worth to those of you who maybe looking at this offering as a future purchase and may not have noticed. This example of the PT101P does look to have the finger molded grip frame, not all of the 101P pistols did. This make the grip slip firmly into the proper placement of the hand in a very comfortable manner. Or at least I am assuming that this is a PT101P due to the finger grooved frame, maybe the seller can confirm this.

The 101P is also different from the standard PT101 in the fact that it is a higher capacity capable magazine offering you that extra shot when needed.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For what it worth to those of you who maybe looking at this offering as a future purchase and may not have noticed. This example of the PT101P does look to have the finger molded grip frame, not all of the 101P pistols did. This make the grip slip firmly into the proper placement of the hand in a very comfortable manner. Or at least I am assuming that this is a PT101P due to the finger grooved frame, maybe the seller can confirm this.

The 101P is also different from the standard PT101 in the fact that it is a higher capacity capable magazine offering you that extra shot when needed.
This is exactly correct.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Will old PT 100 mags fit in this pistol. I have two from a PT 100 I owned years ago. I have kept them so I would have an excuse to buy another.

·
Registered
13,871 Posts
There has always been a lot of speculation as to that the "P" stands for. Best answer I ever came across was that it stands for "Promotional". Story goes that the PT101P was a special run of the PT101 for Academy Sports as a Black Friday Sales Promotion. However many many years later they did begin to show up in some local gun stores. Now whether these were over run product that was passed on to dealers I don't know.

If I recall correct the PT101 magazine will fit in the PT101P, however the 101P will not fit into the 101.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Okay guys. Some of the comments may indeed have good info.
But, unless there is a genuine question of interest, or an offer for the item,
non-pertinent posts will have to be deleted.

We rarely need more than one page on these classified threads.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've had a lot of interest in that 92 police special slide. Offering it to one of the many who PMd me about it seemed wrong. So I will split the 2.

$150 for the slide and 2 mags
$350 for the 101 and 2 mags and holster.

I will respond to PMs in order of receipt. I've had at least 6 of you ask about it though. :p

·
Registered
13,871 Posts
I've had a lot of interest in that 92 police special slide. Offering it to one of the many who PMd me about it seemed wrong. So I will split the 2.

$150 for the slide and 2 mags
$350 for the 101 and 2 mags and holster.

I will respond to PMs in order of receipt. I've had at least 6 of you ask about it though. :p
Do these latest prices include shipping?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts