Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at the pt 101 I stepped up the plate yesterday. Took it home a gave it a good cleaning. I thought about doing some extra ramp polishing but decide to wait until after taking it to the range. At the range I brought along hollow points, jacketed, coated, brass and steel cased bullets. I wanted to find out what problems would occur and establish what I would be limited to. Well what the heck not a single problem at all. Fired great shot accurately and shot without any limitations. Tell me what is wrong with these guns. Oh I know, what grips are others using on these.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
Mine still has the factory wood grips on it. They look great, and allow me to take a good grip. I'd rather spend the money on ammo.

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
well I have an old (very old) model 99 and changed the grips out to pachmayers years and years ago.
Mine originally came with wooden grips that were slick.
I don't really see anything wrong with the 100 & 101 personally, other than they are huge and somewhat heavy.
CDNN has the 100 &101 on sale for i think 379.00 and honestly if I didn't already have like 8 full sized pistols and no 40 caliber then i might get one myself.
just don't need another full sized weapon and start another caliber of ammo to stock.
My 99 runs as good today as it did some 27 years ago.
did replace a couple springs in it .
enjoy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks I order some Hogues- I have stock "plastic" on mine and I just do not like the feel of them. Have Hogues on another and found them to improve the feel on that gun. just wanted to see what others have done

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Congrats to you sir! I want one, just hard to find an affordable priced one used that hasn't been thrashed.:(

·
Administrator
17,592 Posts
I thought about doing some extra ramp polishing but decide to wait until after taking it to the range.
If it works, which it does, DON'T fix it!!!

Tell me what is wrong with these guns.
Nothing! Nothing at all.

Just personalize it with some comfy grips, keep it well lubed and clean, feed it well, and all will be wonderful! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts