Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I've add Taurus PT-101 (AF-D) for a while now (around 16 years), and while I tolerate the rear sights, I'm not a fan. They are functional, but lacking in quality IMHO. One vexing issue is that the rear sight pin always works it way loose (or worse, breaks). I've tried Blue Loctite to hold the pin in place, but that doesn't seem to matter - the pin eventually works itself loose.

I was wonder if there were any aftermarket replacements for the rear sight on the PT-101 that I could consider? They don't have to be adjustable, I'm find with fixed sights. Would Beretta 96 products work on the PT-101?

Thanks for any tips/advice/suggestions!

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
To the best of my knowledge no one makes replacement rear sights for the 99/101, not even Taurus.
If I were you I would try to locate a replacement slide for the Taurus 92/100 and have it fitted to your lower. Then either sell or save the 101 slide.

·
Registered
78 Posts
To the best of my knowledge no one makes replacement rear sights for the 99/101, not even Taurus.
If I were you I would try to locate a replacement slide for the Taurus 92/100 and have it fitted to your lower. Then either sell or save the 101 slide.
It would have to be a PT-100 slide; the bolt face on the PT-92 slide is smaller, won’t fit the .40 S&W rim.

The good news is, there's no “fitting” required, they interchange just fine.

(I did something similar recently, bought a PT-92 slide/barrel/recoil assy for my PT-101, so I could shoot cheaper 9mm ammo. Just pulled the .40 upper off, slid the 9mm upper on, worked perfectly. Oh, and since it’s my bed stand gun, 18 rounds of Federal 150gr HSTs ups the firepower considerably over the usual 11 rounds of Winchester 155gr Silvertips.)

·
Super Moderator
40,552 Posts
Nothing I am aware of out there. I would take the roll pin out and blast the hole good with gun scrubber to remove all oils and grease, then reinstall the pin with a dot of blue Loc-Tite on it. I did that to mine 6+ years ago and several thousands rounds later it has not moved.

Another option is to take the roll pin to a place like Fastenal and get one ever so slightly bigger. The tighter fit should also hold it in place.

Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 4 of 4 Posts