Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this pistol several months ago and still havent fired the darn thing.

My question here is about the Stainless finish.

This gun is an absolute beauty in the way it's finshed.

All stainless with,I guess,a stainless looking finish on an alloy frame.

But there are some slight scratches in that finish(this gun is used but not abused).

The metal finish looks fairly soft so I want to be really careful not to scrub it up.

What method and product should I use to polish out fine scratches in this handgun.

I really cannot impress how beautifully finished this semi auto is.

From the design,to the steel,to the type of computer stenciled writing on the slide and frame,it's a winner.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
The frame is an aluminum alloy. As mentioned, aluminum polish will work well. Auto polish applied afterward will prevent tatnishing for a while, as well. There are also SS polishes available. Be careful when working on polished metal finishes. It's easy to be too forceful in a small area, and end up with a different finish at that point. Slow, and easy.

My PT101 is blued. I use Mother's Wax to keep the flats pretty. :D

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
do not polish the frame, it is clear anodized it might mess it up if you try to polish it, the slide and barrel is stainless i would simply leave them alone.

my advice, wipe the gun off with either a dry rag, lightly oiled rag, or a silicone cloth.

besides that i would'nt do a thing to it.. just learn to live with the scratches.

·
Administrator
40,567 Posts
I can't speak for the frame, but I had some light scratches on my PT145SS slide, and Mother's Aluminum Mag Wheel Polish did the trick. Experiment with a spot that is not visible at first, and you can decide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts