Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these are like unicorns, but does anyone know for sure what Hogue grips would fit the PT100p? I am looking for the soft rubber wrap around kind with finger grooves. Not a sleeve style. The Hogue grips from my PT92AFS didn't fit at all. Holes all lined up way off. Cuts for safety were wrong etc. I talked with Taurus rep over the phone and he was pretty vague which Hogue grips were correct. Im sure one of you guys has dealt wit this. Thanks..

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Is your 92 a non decocker model? The 92 decocker model grips should fit it perfectly. The non decocker model has different screw locations though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a great question. I am pretty sure the 92 was not a decocker. I traded it a several years ago and kept the Hogue grips. When I started playing with the 100p and I decocked it for the first time(by accident) I was surprised as hell. It kinda made me jump to watch the hammer fall when I wasn't expecting it. Ive got a Sig229 that has separate decocker, so I wasn't expecting the safety to have double duty. I think its a great idea.

So if I get standard PT92afs Hogue wrap around grip for a decocker, it should fit my PT100p?
My 100p has a grooved finger area on the front of the frame. I don't think the 92 did. It was flat in front. The Hogues wrap from front to back, which would lead me to believe that the grips would not be flush against the finger grooves of the frame. I am just guessing, so pardon my ignorance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a pick of the grooved frame front.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Hogue does not make wrap around grips for the PT92. They make grip panels # 99010

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
OK.. I'm an idiot. I called the guy who I gave the Hogue grip to last week and told him to check it to tell me what it actually was. Wasn't Hogue. It was a Pachmyre grip. It is a wrap around. Rubber finger grooves on front that fold around to both side panels. Also came with a soft rubber backstrap. I guess that is the one im looking for now. On Pachmayrs site, I see grips for T 99,100,101. (#5043) But not the P designation. Im just not sure these wil fit. With finger groove issue, larger mag size etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Why would you need finger groove grips when your frame has finger grooves? I'd just go with the hogue and show off the beauty of that frame.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
OK.. I'm an idiot. I called the guy who I gave the Hogue grip to last week and told him to check it to tell me what it actually was. Wasn't Hogue. It was a Pachmyre grip. It is a wrap around. Rubber finger grooves on front that fold around to both side panels. Also came with a soft rubber backstrap. I guess that is the one im looking for now. On Pachmayrs site, I see grips for T 99,100,101. (#5043) But not the P designation. Im just not sure these wil fit. With finger groove issue, larger mag size etc.
The P frame is slightly wider, not sure the wrap around grips will fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The grooves in the frame are OK. I just started shooting competitions and don't like to wear gloves. The over emphasized rubber finger grooves in the Pachmayr or Hogues really give me a better control of the gun. It is more just a preference.

Reactions: Magnum_Gauge

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Understandable. You may try using the pearce finger groove incerts for the 1911 under the hogue grips. Here's a pic of my PT1911 with it and my PT911 with it. For my 911 I just trimmed it to fit under the grip and remade the screw holes as the grip and screw will hold it in place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts