Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking new Mag's for my PT 100. Living in California my 11 round Mag is no longer acceptable. I know that since I bought the gun "pre-ban" it is "legal" but I just want to avoid the hassle. I have looked at the Taurus factory mags and the MecGar mags, but haven't made a decision. I'm trying to save a buck as I am going to buy 2. I found a vendor on-line that has the MecGar's extremely cheap, but this makes me wonder if they could be "factory seconds". Doe's anyone have experience with these mags and any advise? Also opinions on the "factory second" issue would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
All of my Mec-Gar magazines have been quite reliable. I have them for Taurus, Browning, Beretta, Sig, CZ, and Ruger guns.

·
Registered
14,170 Posts
Let's try this angle: Does any member have couple of 10 round PT100/101 mags that they would like to exchange for a couple of 11 round magazines. Shipping cost to exchange would run about $5.30 or less each.

Just trying to help out a new fellow member here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let's try this angle: Does any member have couple of 10 round PT100/101 mags that they would like to exchange for a couple of 11 round magazines. Shipping cost to exchange would run about $5.30 or less each.

Just trying to help out a new fellow member here.
As it stands I'm going to keep the 11 round mag I have (only have one). Thanks for the thought! What I really need is suggestions on which mags to buy. I've been advised by my local shop to buy ProMag but ProMg doesn't seem to make a 10 round mag for the PT 100. I've also heard a couple negative things about the factory stuff. Thanks for the help so far.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I have two MacGar mags. They work great.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
ProMag seems to be hit or miss on their quality. I tried one in my Sig P6 (P225), and it was a total mess. That is a single-stack 9x19 magazine. If a company can't get THAT right, I seriously doubt their ability with more sophisticated magazines.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ProMag seems to be hit or miss on their quality. I tried one in my Sig P6 (P225), and it was a total mess. That is a single-stack 9x19 magazine. If a company can't get THAT right, I seriously doubt their ability with more sophisticated magazines.
So I guess I will get the MecGar mags. I found a vender online that sells them for a ridiculously low price. Almost half the recommended retail. You guys may want to take a look at this site. Most of you probably have seen it before I'm sure, but it's new to me and I was surprised at the prices. Although I have to admit it makes me a little nervous. I always worry about quality when I find something selling at a price so much lower than all the competition.

Mecgar Taurus - Taur PT100 101 .40S&W 10 Std Blue MGPT4010B - HuntingSuppliesOutfitter

Thanks for all the help for a new guy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts