Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I admit this is just a proud parent bragging.

Took my 6 year daughter out Saturday morning for "Daddy Daughter Day". We took her .22lr Henry and ran some long rifles through it.

In the past she would only shoot CBs because the sound scared her. This time she did great, she followed everything I told her and kept her finger off the trigger until she was ready to shoot.

At her age accuracy is not our top priority, our main focus is safety. She did get a few good shots in.

Ok enough of my bragging thanks for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
It is ok to be proud of her..Good job raising her to defend herself.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Sounds great! Next, have someone tske a picture of the two of you. Tell her your TA friends want to meet her! I'm proud of both of you!:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will have to get the pics from my father he dropped in during the range trip.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
What Sekol said. ;)

·
Registered
24,537 Posts
Father daughter time is good. You are a lucky Dad.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I watched a dad teaching his daughter to shoot with a .22LR Cricket at the outdoor range last month. Brought a smile to my face. Happy for you and your daughter!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Here is a photo my father took of my girl shooting. The gun is still a little heavy so I help her balance it.

My son turns 5 at the end of the year so he will get a rifle then. Most likely a Cricket since he is a southpaw and I don't want him eating brass.

Thanks for all the replies.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Brag away, sounds like a good range trip.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Excellent! Always love to read about a new generation of shooters getting their start. Good work, Dad! :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts