Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't sewn much since the 1990's, but I love these ottomans and didn't want to throw them away, or pay for someone else to recover them. It made my brain hurt a little to figure out how to make it work, but I did it! Squares are so much easier than circles. One down, one to go. $15 in supplies each, sweet.

View attachment 103190

·
Registered
24,545 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
I agree, very nice!

Of all the things I learned from my Mom, sadly sewing was not one of them. She was awesome with sewing!

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
I haven't sewn much since the 1990's, but I love these ottomans and didn't want to throw them away, or pay for someone else to recover them. It made my brain hurt a little to figure out how to make it work, but I did it! Squares are so much easier than circles. One down, one to go. $15 in supplies each, sweet.

View attachment 103190
One more and you can start an empire?

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
It would make a good target for your new Glock. :D kidding

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking target, too, but decided to refrain. Good piano players are so hard to find, you really don't want to upset them. Good job on the sewing.

Say, 88, speaking of targets; how's the cowboy action shooting that you posted about last summer going? (Hey, we're Taurus Armed. If we can get the OP to help derail the thread, so much the better! :D )

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
88, please except this small virtual token as an apology for my Glock comment! :)

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Say, 88, speaking of targets; how's the cowboy action shooting that you posted about last summer going? (Hey, we're Taurus Armed. If we can get the OP to help derail the thread, so much the better! :D )
I tried it and decided it wasn't my cup of tea. Mr.88 loved it though, and he's accumulated his needed firearms for next year already. I'll make him a spiffy outfit now that I have my sewing machine all cleaned up after years of storage.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Good job 88!! Want to come teach a class on how to cover ottomans in our shop? We'll feed you crab cakes!:D

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Ya know, just thinking about it, in this throw away world of ours, sewing sounds refreshing to me.

My grandma sewed, knitted, crocheted and made clothes for many people. It was a much better day back then.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Nicely done. I am restoring an old Victorian "Feinting Couch". I don't suppose......

·
Super Moderator
35,728 Posts
Great job! That seam around the top is so even it looks like you've been reupholstering for years. I've always been fascinated with the process and even have a leather office side chair with nice wood and a torn leather seat that I've been hanging onto for years as I want to restore it.

Reactions: 88keys

·
Administrator
35,172 Posts
Nice job 88 ! That looks terrific, you can't have enough good ottomans around. :)

Reactions: 88keys
1 - 20 of 36 Posts