Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In February Michelle Obama proclaimed that for “the first time” in her adult life,” she was proud of America, as she spoke during a rally to support her husband’s presidential bid.
:???:
Wow! Wow.... I'm not sure I can count the number of times I've been proud of America in my life.

I was wondering if people would post times when they have felt "proud of America', or things that touched it off, whether large or small events it doesn't matter to me... short answers are fine too.

For me, when I leave the house I walk by the old red, white & blue hanging from my deck, waving in the breeze, everyday. I look at that flag and what it stands for and the sacrifices so many have made to see that I can have that flag hanging off my deck and I feel very proud, very, very proud to be an American. Damn I love this country!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I have ALWAYS been proud!!!!!!! how dare her.i think she full of crap.i guess she thought that might help her husband but i think it hurt......

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with what you are saying rwcreigh, but rather then making this an anti-Obama post or about the election I wanted to know when have YOU felt proud of America or why YOU are proud to be an American.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I have always been proud of America, especially my time in the U.S. Army. Assigned to the 160th Night Stalkers; working with Rangers, Special Forces, Delta Force and Navy Seals. These are all volunteer units and working with these professionals made it a blast to be part of it. These experiences are with me forever.

I may not have been born in the U.S, but I am still an American citizen. (I am from Puerto Rico.) I grew up for a major part of my life in the USA.
America is dear to my heart, I enjoy the history and the diverse culture from everyone who makes up this country.

This is a great country, and if you don't like it. I sure wish people would move. Quit complaining and go. Try your luck in a different part of the world.

I for one am going to stay here and support our troops no matter what.

I am proud to be an American.

Land of the free.. home of the brave.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
im proud to be an American but more often then not ashamed of our actions.. specifically the governments.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Every morning that I get up and put my uniform on I am a proud American. Every minute of every day that is.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I've always been proud to be an American. Everytime I see someone in our Armed Forces it makes me proud---since it was their choice to defend our country, our freedom, and our way of life.

I was also proud and humbled after 9/11 when I saw not only New Yorkers come together, but the entire country.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Always proud to be an American. It's a great country. The great thing about it is, if we don't like it, we can change it...

James

·
Registered
339 Posts
If she can find a better place to live I wish she would go there.

I am proud to be an American. I am also proud of America. There are things we do that I don't like or agree with but there isn't any better place on earth. I don't see or hear of millions trying to get out of America illegally, I see them trying to get in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
grouchy hippo said:
I don't see or hear of millions trying to get out of America illegally, I see them trying to get in.
Amen

·
Registered
71 Posts
Gotta love, and be proud of, a Republic that would let an ole Texas boy like me(without a college education) become a millionaire by the age of 37 (mean this as a compliment to our country, not me) vote in all the elections I want, own the means to defend me and what is mine, give the chance to start 3 other business', and to voice what I want whenever I want.

Sorry, but people like her are ignorant and/or crazy.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Every time i go to shoot my handgun i think darn it good to be an American\

My granddad served in Korea in the USAF
My Dad served in the USAF
and im thinking of continueing that tradition

I am and always be Proud of this great country!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I , like many of you, have been proud to be an American many many times. If this is her first time..... well... maybe she was under a rock or something....

I just cant believe that someone who ever saw a flight of jets come over a stadium, or during a 4th of July parade, or viewing news of our troops fighting the Arab scourge was not proud to be an American.... well.. maybe they should go somewhere that they CAN be proud all the time... and I will help with the price of the ticket.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
It is hard to imagine what the world would look like without the U.S.A. I can't imagine it, but I do know it would not be good.

Also, I have to say one of the more frustrating aspects of being an American is listening to those who come here and and complain that America would be "better" if it were more like their home country. I know a few 1st generation immigrant Germans who fit that category. :bang:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts