Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also have this gun and am pleased with how it shoots, however, I cannot find a holster for this model. Does anyone know if a holster for the judge will fit the M85 Protector .38?
I have the M85 protector .38 and use a Uncle Mikes Size 36 IWB. 9 bucks at academy and fits perfect. Carry it every dayu.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just figured I'd through my 2 cents in. Just bought a Pro Poly myself and have nothing but good things to say. I will have to agree with the statement about the polymer frame seeming to absorb some recoil. While shooting .357 magnums through it, the recoil is definatley there but it seems to be missing that "sting" like I have expereinced with other snubbies.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well, my first range day started pretty good. Fired 50 rds of 125gr 38SP +P and hardly noticed the recoil. Nice trigger pull, little recoil, then towards then end of the first 50 I noticed that the fiber optic front sight had moved. It moved enough to almost call out the front. I took it to the gunsmith at the range I was shooting at and he melted it back in place. No big deal.

Then I began firing the 158gr .357 mags. Very nice shoot. In fact, this has to be the easiest .357 I've ever fired. I have the three finger grip installed, and it was just a comfy. After about 20 rds the cylinder didn't release smoothly and then felt a little loose. Also, the casings were sticking a bit when ejecting. By 30 rds the DA was hanging, and when I fired the last .357 for the day (round 36), the pistol would not even cock for single action firing and would not advace the cylinder.

I'm not surprised about this because the 605 wasn't designed for .357, but because of demand (I assume) Taurus probably pushed it out without a lot of retooling. I read about this happening before I bought it, but I like the looks of the gun, and now just love the way to fires and handles. It fits nicely in my Active Pro Gear "Deep Concealment" bolster as well as the nylon holster I have. I can carry in IWB, OWB, SOB, or shove it in my front or hip pocket. I'm going to send it into Taurus
and let them replace the springs, ejector rod, and fix the front optical and then I'm going to have a gun that will surely provide me a ton of fun when shooting, and comfort in carry conceal.

Would I recommend this revolver to anyone else? You betcha! I would just tell them to be ready to send it in for repairs, be patient, and then enjoy what will be a very fine gun.
Hello Friend,

I wanted to see a range report. And you were very honest. I am not sure though I want to purchase a new weapon and have all the problems you had. You may have talked me out of buying one? We will see.

Best to you.

Thanks.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts