Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
17,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Follow the link: http://www.nssf.org/news/PR_idx.cfm?PRloc=common/PR/&PR=BP070207.cfm to read the proposed regulations regarding primers, powder and loaded ammunition. Comments are due by July 12th. Please make your comments, but keep them civil and on point. NSSF has provided a boiler plate letter you can either mail or FAX to OSHA.

·
Super Moderator
35,066 Posts
Apparently I can't, don't have MS office what it's saying. Total BS if it's true and if there is no ammunition, there will be no hunting. If there is no hunting, there will be no pitman/robertson act funds funding various game research because there'd be only bow hunters left. If there is no duck hunting, there will be no sales of federal duck stamps and the entire US fish and wildlife system will collapse. What will this do for wildlife? Sit back and watch. At first there'll be explosions of game populations followed by mass die offs. No more taking care of stuff like Whooping Cranes on the Aransas Refuge.

This has far bigger ramifications than just the second amendment. It will severely cripple effective game management and perhaps end it.

Me, I guess I'll get into making black powder and buy a black powder shotgun. I can make my own percussion caps (unless this also affects roll caps for cap guns). I have found sources for potassium nitrate, sulfur, and can grind my own charcoal. The sieves and such I'll have to purchase.

This is the hazard of giving agencies like OSHA and EPA carte blanche to regulate even though there are no elected officials, only lifetime bureaucrats running those agencies.

·
Super Moderator
35,066 Posts
Just typed my own letter. Will fax tomorrow.

·
Administrator
39,689 Posts
Another beauracratic (spelling?) solution to a non-existant problem. :mad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
If Hillary Mcarthey gets in the white house I'm sure this will get passed,one more way to hogtie responsible shooters and silence their firearms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts