Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shooting Was Self Defense
Louisville, KY June 3, 2008

Two teens are dead, but police aren't charging the man who shot them with a crime.
"For sure, there's not a doubt in my mind, my wife and I would be dead if I didn't do what I did," said property owner Billy Jackson.
Jackson said he was sprucing up an apartment in the house he owns at 3517 West Broadway when two masked men forced their way inside. He said one had a large gun, and threatened to kill him and his wife.
"I figured I was going to die and they were going to die, too," said Jackson. "I faked a heart attack; shot him in the side."
"At least one of the suspects was armed with a handgun," said Metro Police Detective Phil Russell. "The property owner was assaulted. He sustained minor injuries."
The two dead suspects names are Earl Springer and Dazmond Turner. Both were 19 years old.

Police said Springer died at the scene, while Turner died early Wednesday morning at University Hospital.
"They will confer with the commonwealth attorney's office in order to determine if charges need to be placed," Russell said. "At this time in the investigation, it looks as though this was self-defense."
Good for you Mr. Jackson! Once again an armed citizen refuses to be a victim. Two less scumbags and potential career criminals on our streets.

Here is the troubling part of this story. The local media is not portraying one of these two masked bandits as a criminal. They are making him out like he is the victim. This particular reporter interviews the invader's aunt. (video here) In which she tells the reporter about how the this home invader was going to get his GED. He was going to be a father. He wanted to play in the NBA. He was supposed to be going to Florida to be with his mommy...

Boo f*****g Hoo!

This man broke into someone's home! He or his partner had a gun! At least one of them assaulted the homeowner and threatened his life! I do not feel sorry for him at all. Personally, I am thrilled that there are two less criminals on the streets.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i bet they just needed/wanted money, i bet they had no intention of actually killing the guy..

but, if you break into someones house, point a gun at them, and start making demands you pretty much got it coming to ya.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I know Jackson is happy to be alive tonight and with his wife, but I doubt he's getting much sleep. I'm glad for him that he excercised his right as a gun owner and as a human I just know it can't be easy especially when the media wants to paint you out to be the BG for defending yourself.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I know for a fact that I don't want to ever have to shoot someone, but I know for a even bigger fact that I don't want to be shot by someone else, espically just waiting for the shot and not be fighting back.

The two guys started the game and the homeowner ended it, BRAVO to him!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
ByrdC130 said:
I know for a fact that I don't want to ever have to shoot someone, but I know for a even bigger fact that I don't want to be shot by someone else, espically just waiting for the shot and not be fighting back.

The two guys started the game and the homeowner ended it, BRAVO to him!
I Agree

·
Super Moderator
21,799 Posts
With the media and his Aunt and the good boy story, I feel sorry for the homeoner, I'm glade he did what we all would have done but now he gets to go through the whole anti gun treatment.
God Bless him and his family
Rick

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Doc---does Kentucky have a "castle doctrine" law on the books?

·
Super Moderator
21,799 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here's another one of these reports where the perp was telling his co-dependent relative how he was going to get his life together. How many more times is the news media going to report this mindless garbage. How about a real news story dealing with the anguish of the home/business owner who was forced to defend himself and in doing so ended a human life. Report the sleepless nights, the panic of unknown sounds occuring in the building, the sheer fact of using a firearm against another person - that would be human interest! :mad:

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
How many times have we heard that the perp was a good for nothing who had it coming?

No, they're ALWAYS getting their life turned around.

Steelheart

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Jackson, faked a heart attack! Drew and fired!! Yeah, he was good for himself and his wife! He was a thinker, and a senario person for sure. Sorry to hear that the media is gonna play it the other way. Thank God for the Castle Doctrine! He has injuries beyond the mental as a result of the shooting. I pray the law does what it is supposed too.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Good post, Doc. Glad to hear the good guy came out on top.

·
Registered
179 Posts
joe sixpack said:
i bet they just needed/wanted money, i bet they had no intention of actually killing the guy..
Punks like that never have any intention of killing someone but then they fire a shot just to feel hard and get that rush. You see it all the time on those cop shows where they have video footage of someone robbing a 7-11 and the guy gets the cash and then blast the guy just for the hell of it. Its bs !!! Good for that guy and everybody be safe out there.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I read this story in the paper yesterday and the homeowner is in his 70s as well. Following up on the story, the weapon the thugs used was stolen from a Louisville Police Officer in 2006.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080606/NEWS01/80606037

Stolen police gun used in home invasion

The Courier-Journal • June 6, 2008

The gun that one of two teens brandished when they were fatally shot during an apparent home invasion this week had been stolen from a Louisville Metro Police officer, police said.

Officer Phil Russell said the gun was stolen in 2006 from an officer’s car or residence. He said he did not have further information about what type of weapon it was.

Earl Springer, 19, and Desmond Deshawn Turner, 19, were shot Tuesday after they forced their way into an apartment near West Broadway and 35th Street, police said.

Property owner Billy Jackson, 70, said he fired at the masked teens after they demanded money and threatened to kill him. No charges have been filed against Jackson.

Springer died of a gunshot outside the home and Turner died several hours later at University Hospital.

·
Super Moderator
21,799 Posts
Do people realize how many undercover cops ,FBI and ATF are at gun shows. The ones in TN are watched like a hawk. I watched one booth were the guy was loud and obnoxsious about his right and the 2nd and he did not need this and that and he could sell what he pleased without a lic. People would come up and trash the gov. he had 2 45's for sale he'd let people handle them and when they walked away he would close the case and replace it with another exact gun. No doubt to get finger prints he had guys on the outside stirring things up it was a pretty good scam I could not believe how many people fell for it. but hey they got a job to do and if your an idiot or BG then bye bye.

Almost all sales are completly legal with the instant check. You can do a private sale but you get what you pay for and you have no idea who your buying from. Plus there are vary few good deals at them anyway. I did buy my mossberg 500 for under $200 out the door and yes I passed the intant check. I wouldn't do it any other way.

LEO's watch the private sales real close and follow both buyer and seller out to there cars to get lic numbers. I've seen a few in handcuffs in the parking lot not the brightest BG around. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts