Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seems kind of strange that nobody posted on this thread...???
Don't TAURUS Gunner's Lube their GUN's...!!!...???

This is a good run through on Good Gun Cleaning, and Lube Practices for Auto's or Revolvers...

Cleaning a Semi-Auto Pistol
http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu47.htm

·
Registered
467 Posts
I read thru the article and thought it was great and very much to the point. Basically what I do, just not on the same schedule. Good info and very much appreciated.

Jim

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Good Article.. Sgt
What we learned as kids for cleaning doesn't always work that well now..
learned some new stuff..thanks ;)

The next situation that may be encountered is extremely hot weather – temperatures above 85 degrees. Why test a lubricant for high temperatures? You will find that some oils will literally evaporate as the temperature exceeds 100 degrees. Many will become so thin that they offer almost no lubrication and will run out of the areas in the firearms that really need to be lubricated. You will probably find that a good grease is more suitable for extremely high temperature operations
This was very good for me...did not know that..
And in Arizona...yikees

I have been trying out a new cleaner..
It is synthetic made by :www.steelshieldtech.com
Read some reviews on another forum..
everything people said is true, i cleaned my .357 one day after shooting 100 .38 shells... (i did this to test this product)
Came home and did a very good cleaning with the standard stuff that i have always used...(got to love the smell of Hoppes in the Mans Room :D)
I am a perfectionest when i clean..when i was finished ;)
it was beautiful..
then i ran a swabb of this synthetic down the barrel..Yikeess..
it came out with some black on it :bang:
so i started over on the barrel, it was like i had only done a half job before..dang it
Now i clean all my guns with this and as you shoot them, they are easier to clean every time...
we will see this summer though on how well it holds up in the heat...

PS..on my Ruger Markll.. i have never seen the slide work as smooth as it does now ;)

If anyone wants to know what forum these reveiws are on, send me a PM ;)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Great post sarge. I have said in here several as have others I believe allot of the FTF & FTF are do to dirty and not proper lubed guns. I am glad to see someone use some gun grease on these autos. I just believe that you need it in the right amount and place more than oil. It never runs out on me and stays where I put it. On both my autos I can feel the difference when I work the slide between the oil and grease and the wear is greatly reduced, so wouldn't that even be greater from the force when shooting it ?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I like to use grease on the slide & barrel. It seems to smooth the action quite a bit. I pretty much agree with both articles on how to clean a pistol. I have been amazed at the lack of cleaning/maintenance by even some of my good friends. All guns need a good cleaning, and there is no better way of becoming familiar with their inner workings.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had never considered using WD-40 to clean guns. When you think about, you use the stuff for everything else so why not? Should also help with any possible corrosion from storage or a wet hunting trip. I would guess it is also a lot cheaper than most "gun cleaners" also.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
No$4Guns .....

I thought the same thing, then posted in a thread in here...

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=3127.0

not sure if it is good or not... :rolleyes: there are some pretty good posts in there, i also did a search in here on WD-40...
pretty interesting to read...my thoughts are on the gun cleaners or the new synthetics for me.... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts