Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Isn't that one of the couples from Alaska the Last Frontier? I admire folks like that but Alaska cold is the last place I would want to live like that.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I don't watch that show but to me it looks like Blake Shelton and his wife Miranda Lambert.

Are they part of the cast?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Some parts of Alaska are actually warmer in the winter than most of the Northern states in the lower 48. Now when you get inland away from the coastal areas that no longer holds true. Anchorage may be warmer than MN., Wi., and even SD., but when you get over the coastal mountain range into the Fairbanks area extended lows ranging from -40º to -60º are not uncommon.

I had one fellow tell me how he had a flat tire one morning when he lived in Fairbanks and when he rolled the spare out of the trunk and let it drop on the garage floor it shattered. Now that is cold in my book!

·
Super Moderator
21,707 Posts
Yep I had a girlfriend that lived in one of the colder areas of Alaska and when it got real cold they would throw hot water into the air and watch it freeze before it hit the ground. That was before video games!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Well I am not sure about that statement! Last fall after I got home from the hospital following major surgery my wife was not feeling very good either and didn't want me to try to turn the boat upside down and lift it onto the dock which I had already pulled up on shore by myself, so I called the neighbor to see if he could stop by and help me. I was totally surprised the next morning while I was having my breakfast coffee to see him and another young lady scooting across the yard heading for the dock. The young lady was his oldest daughter who had flown in from Anchorage for a surprise visit. She surprised them both when she walked in the door on them.

Did I mention that she is the type of daughter anyone would like to call their own.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I think proper etiquette in the 21st Century demands that the less skilled shooter should reload while the more proficient shooter provides covering fire.

I am reminded of the story of Annie Oakley, during WWI, offered her services to the military to help train our soldiers in marksmanship. She was turned down because she was a women. Got to wonder how many morons are still in high office.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
the only thing im sure about is if i screwed up and shot my wifes bad guy before she did it would piss her off

Jhp
Kind of like trying to helpe her land a big fish bad idea

·
Registered
267 Posts
She's reloading behind an engine block and tire-he's standing behind (at most) two car windows and doors. If the bad guy in question is using anything bigger than a BB-gun, this guy could be in for a world of hurt, with apparently a partial torso and head visible, at least (over the front windshield). Yes, give her cover fire-but shouldn't he at least consider moving to behind the rear tire and shooting just above the trunk, so he has a little more cover, and to break the bad guy(s) attention away from his partner who is reloading? (Then again, if I'm providing my SO cover fire, I might be just as stupid in the moment, to give her better odds.....)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts