Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda like the .17HMR and have a 6.5 Tracker w no problems, but I did notice Taurus took some short cuts in chambering the cylinder by not really doing a good shoulder, just a simple taper. No matter, it worked good. Well, I bought another from CDNN, this time the 2" snubbie. The cases were so tight, I couldn't eject the shells unless freshley swabbed and SCRUBBED the chambers with Breakfree. Today when it happened at Shooters Station, my range here in Conroe, the 3 days a week gunsmith said he'd look at it and pronounced that there was nothing he or I could fix. One of the chambers had a little hollow close to the rim and the shell was expanding just enough to keep from ejecting. Anyone have any suggestions? I've been reading horror stories about the Taurus service dept., (except for a guy there named Richard) and would appreciate people's opinion on the best/fastest way to get it fixed. The little gun is fun, but I wish the quality was up a little.

thanx ahead of time, sidekick

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Note to moderator. I think I have worked this problem out with CDNN as Jody assured me he would exchange for a stainless steel version since the problem was with the pistol NIB. I think the alloy was too soft in the Ultralite for the high pressures in the .17 HMR. I know its not over til the fat lady sings, but I think I'll be happy if this works out this way. I'm sure that Taurus must deal with CDNN correctly orr CDNN wouldn't make that offer. *note to people who want a different gun instead of it just geting fixed.TRY to get it worked out with the dealer before going to Taurus. Also, the shorter time you have the gun before trying to get a replacement, the better equipped you are on the nature of the problem and if you can get a statement from your gunsmith, you're that much better off. CDNN was great, good for internent seller. thanks CDNN.

·
Administrator
40,346 Posts
Good to hear that you got it worked out. Some good advice you've posted here. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts