Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with a gun dealer and he told me they had to send some back to the factory because as he put it the electronics are not good and will fail!

My question is this: anyone experience problems with the light and or laser in the Taurus Curve?

Please let me know!

·
Super Moderator
40,551 Posts
No problems with the one in my possession. At least 30 other people have shot it and played with the controls. No issues so far.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
None with mine, works when the switch is tabbed....................
Just so the gun dealer knows, the laser/ light combo is not made by Taurus.....................

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
When I used a factory demo Curve in Rapid City, I did have trouble with the light. It may have been operator error...some other folks didn't have the problem. But at the very least, the light wasn't very intuitive (for me.) It was hard to turn the light on and turn it off. Don't at all have that problem with the flashlight on my PT809 rail, because the on/off makes sense.

So at least familiarize yourself with the light a lot before using the gun for defense. AND EVEN before going out to shoot the thing the first time. I had to really control my impulse to point the loaded Curve in an unsafe direction to get a better look at the laser controls. (But I did.)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problems with the one in my possession. At least 30 other people have shot it and played with the controls. No issues so far.
Thanks for the response! I am considering getting one!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
None with mine, works when the switch is tabbed....................
Just so the gun dealer knows, the laser/ light combo is not made by Taurus.....................
Thanks for the response! I am considering getting one!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I used a factory demo Curve in Rapid City, I did have trouble with the light. It may have been operator error...some other folks didn't have the problem. But at the very least, the light wasn't very intuitive (for me.) It was hard to turn the light on and turn it off. Don't at all have that problem with the flashlight on my PT809 rail, because the on/off makes sense.

So at least familiarize yourself with the light a lot before using the gun for defense. AND EVEN before going out to shoot the thing the first time. I had to really control my impulse to point the loaded Curve in an unsafe direction to get a better look at the laser controls. (But I did.)
Thanks for the response! I am considering getting one, I did check out the S&W M&P Body Guard with the built in laser and found it even more difficult to activate the laser then on the curve. With the Body Guard you really have to focus on the button and push hard, with the Curve the button is a "momentary" switch which you push forward to the front of the gun to activate the light\laser combo and again to turn it off... easier I think!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Thanks for the response! I am considering getting one, I did check out the S&W M&P Body Guard with the built in laser and found it even more difficult to activate the laser then on the curve. With the Body Guard you really have to focus on the button and push hard, with the Curve the button is a "momentary" switch which you push forward to the front of the gun to activate the light\laser combo and again to turn it off... easier I think!
I haven't had a chance to experience the Curve's trigger, but I'd be willing to bet it is 10 times better than that of the Bodyguard. Do yourself a favor and at least dry fire them both before you buy. I purchased my Bodyguard but the shop had a no dry firing policy. If I would have dry fired it, I would have never bought it.

I also didn't find the laser on the S&W to be very helpful, but then again, I think lasers on defensive pistols are over rated anyways.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Yes, and as I think about it, I believe that was the cause of my problem, rather than an actual failure with the electronics. Like I said, familiarity is the key. Aside from that, the Curve seemed good for a little pocket pistol. I had no failures to function.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Just buy the Curve, it's a great gun!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just buy the Curve, it's a great gun!
I bought one just the other day! Have not had a chance to take it the range yet!

I will post again when I get some rounds down range with it!

Thanks!

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo
1 - 13 of 13 Posts