Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
>>>I took my new PT145 4th gen to the range

4th gen? I just bought one and thought I bought a 3rd gen myself. What should i look for to see if its a 4th?

Also, how "new?" Did you clean it before you fired it? When I bought mine new it was dirty as hell right out of the box, all kinds'a heavy grease and crud inside and out. I dry fired it twice before cleaning (once to strip it) and the action felt really gritty. After a moderate Hoppe's rub down and lube it seemed to really smooth out. Could that factory grease be the cause of light strikes?

-Joey

·
Registered
12 Posts
After reading this post I decided to examine my primer strikes. Seems that my PT 145 has a very interesting strike signature. It does strike deep, but leaves a trail up one side of the primer. I spoke to the resident guru at the range and he said that its not something to worry about as long as it goes boom when you need it to. What he really said was that it is not uncommon for weapons to leave their own distinct markings. General consensus was that as long as the round is chambered properly and no other symptoms are evident (like excessive gas blowout into my face) that its all hunky-dorey. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts