Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy all. i love my pt111 ( early ) and my "old" 99 so i bought a 745 mil.pro and ordered 2 extra mags also. about 150 rounds later, the mags won't stay fully seated. i've looked over the site here but don't see a reference to this problem. it's been since april last year since and i haven't had a chance to look into the issue till now. I would be grateful for any insights. other than that I love the 745, it's exactly what suits me and for as long as it worked, was fabulous. love the straight eights. thanks to all. evermo.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Is there a gap between the mag and the mag well, or are they dropping out?

·
Registered
36 Posts
My NIB July purchased PT745 Mil Pro exhibits the same mag to frame gap. The gap is least pronounced when the mag is empty. When the mag is full, the gap is visibly larger. I would have to put a micrometer on it to measure the difference though.

·
Registered
876 Posts
My 745 had the mag gap when it was full. The mag release was bad and it had to be sent back to Taurus. I don't know if they were related issues or not.

I frankly didn't pay attention when it came back. I sold it to a friend, and will have to ask him.

My 145 has a very small gap. I've had no issues with it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input guys. i'll probably go ahead and send it in. now that i've seen how well i shoot it i'll probably feel "wimpy" with the old pt111.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts