Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Name is Richard and am new to this forum AND the PT111. Lots of good information here and I have a question.

I've owned my PT111 now for about 4 months and have approx 200 rounds through it without a single problem. I CCW this weapon and during my last range trip, about a month ago, not a single issue. Last week while at the range I load it up and go to take a shot and no BANG. Trigger pull seemed a little lighter than normal and it sounded as if the firing ping went home but NOTHING. Cleared the weapon, checked the round, and NO firing pin indentation. Tried this for a total of 10 or so more times with two different brands of ammo and the same thing. NOTHING!

My primary concern is that if I had needed this weapon in a self-defense situation the outcome of said situation would not have been in my or my better halfs best interest. 40 years + experience with firearms and I've NEVER had any of my other weapons do this. If I can't depend on my Taurus when I may need it then it's going to have to go.

Sent it off to Taurus last Monday and they're telling me it'll be 5+ weeks before I'll see it again. Reading some of horror stories from Taurus owners and it sounds like it COULD be stuck in the "Taurus Repair Service" Black-Hole.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Kindest Regards,
Richard

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey richard Iam sorry to hear about your pt111 I have a 40 mil pro that has a round 600 rounds through it and no problems yet but when it comes to tourus cs Ihad great servis when I first got my pistole the mag catch was chiped and let the mag releas but it stil shot just fineIcalld theire servis department and the sent me another one at no charg to me at all I am just telling you my experianc with there cs Ihope you get your gun back in atimley matterand dont give up on tourus just becaus of this littl problem Ihope you have a great day

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tourus, Thanks for the reply. I'm not giving up on it just yet. When it WAS working it was very accurate and a joy to shoot. When I get it back I'm going to put 500+ rounds through it before I CCW it again and will be sure to check the firing pin before I strap it on. In the interim I'll carry my Kimber .45ACP. Will be calling Taurus at least once a week to check the status.

Thanks again,
Richard

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Calling them over and over and over is not going to make them hurry up trust me, If they say it will take X amount of time let them have it for X amount of time before you worry about calling and bugging the CS reps who are not the ones working on the gun anyway After they recieve it they will send you a letter in the mail letting you know they have it. By the time you get that letter they should start working on your gun shortly after, I would say to give it 2 weeks after recieving the letter and you should be close to having you pistol home again. Be patiant and remember you have another gun to keep you company while the other is away at camp. It might seem like its taking forever and you might feel like waiting more then a month is horrable to have a fairly new gun fixed, but remember they are fixing it for free and they will also do the same thing for you 20 years from now and I guaranty you if you have a 20 year old gun fixed for free you will not mind waiting a month or 2 for that ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MPanova,
Appreciate the heads up. Sounds like a plan. Still a little upset that I had a problem with a new weapon. It was made a little worse by having to spend an additional $40.00 to ship it off to them.

Thanks again,
Richard

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I know its upseting trust me, I had to send in a $150 PT22 and cost me 50 bucks, one third of the price of the gun just to have it work right but hey it happens and like I said if they will do the same thing for me in 20 years I will not mind at all,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In all fairness I feel I owe an update on my Mil Pro.

Recieved my repaired PT111 from Taurus almost 8 weeks to the day from when it was sent off. On the repair sheet that was included with the repaired PT111, Problem found: Firing Pin Safety - REPAIRED.

Out to the range the following day and ran approximately 300 of my reloads through it. I'm pleased to report it was FLAWLESS in it's performance. Will run another 400 or so through it next week as a sanity check before I attempt to CCW it once again. Looking good so far. Appreciate all the replies to the initial post.

On another note, I recently saw a post about high quality, inexpensive holsters from www.highnoonholsters.com. Ordered the following from them and since it was a stocked item I had it in 3 days. Found this IWB holster to be of great quality, lifetime warranty, comfortable, and secures my PT111 extremely well.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Split_Decision/split_decision.html

Many thanks,
Richard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts