Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site and new Taurus owner of two PT 92's and PT 740 slim. In December I bought two PT 92. February my Pt 740. As I was prepping the Pt 92s for their first range firing I noticed that one of the PT 92 magazine with easily coming in and out Of the magazine receiver And the other was very sticky and hard to come in and out Of the receiver I literally had to grab it to take it out of the receiver. So within one month, before even using them. I had to return one of them back to the factory. It has been over a month and I have not heard from Taurus or Academy who ship the PT to Taurus for me since I had Purchased them there. Now I'm going to have to send the second one in because The magazine is falling out. I've taken the PT 92 to the range three different times shooting both left-handed and right-handed the first two times no problems this last time I shot 200 rounds and the magazine fell out three different times both using the right-hand and left-hand Firing position. The release button is now featherlight I barely touch it and magazine just falls straight out of the receiver. Trust me there's nothing worse than being in an in door range and firing your Taurus PT 92 and watching your magazine bouncing On a concrete slab into the firing range. I guess it could've been worse I could've been in a firefight or defending myself or family and the magazine fallout.

Don't get me wrong I love my Taurus PT 92 I love the feel of it versus my PT 740 for my large hands I wish I was able to fire it before I bought it. But that is another issue. '

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
It sounds like a round may be riding the inside of the magazine and tripping the release when pushing the rounds up under fire. I had the same problem with my 945 and a new Taurus magazine. I took a small flathead and bent the upper point of the mag catch slot to keep good contact against the catch under fire.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same issue.
I purchased it in February 2013 and only shot 32 rounds through it and the Mag fell out and the button popped out..
I can't find a replacement button and the only thing I can find on the TaurusUSA website it to send it to them for repair. ???

Any Ideas on purchasing a new button?

20130718_224050_zpsdff563a5.jpg

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Have you tried re-installing the mag release? It could have been something as silly as a loose screw. With the pair of PT92 guns. I would have tried switching them in the guns. Then again, just return them to Taurus for repair. OR, you could call and ask them for the part.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same problem with my PT945. Mag dropped pretty much every shot. Taurus would not sell me a mag catch so I had to ship it in for repair. Turnaround was 3 weeks. Works fine now.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Welcome from SE TX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts