Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After firing my judge I went to remove the casings and the cylinder fell out in my hand. Not the cylinder itself but the pin the whole cylinder assembly is on came out of the frame just above the trigger guard. Where can I find the schematics to put this thing back together or do I need a gunsmith?

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Call Taurus, there may be other problems associated with that cylinder falling out. There really aren't any gunsmiths that can work on them because Taurus doesn't supply many of their parts to anyone. Remember, you don't have a lifetime warranty for no reason, and they should pay shipping both ways since you just bought the gun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
my experience is that taurus has excelent customer service it sounds like something they would fix for free but yeah that sounds like a gunsmith worthy issue. theres also a great revolver disassembly pictorial around here somewhere

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
If you just bought it and it full apart, give CS a call and they will repair it for free and should pick up all shipping. Maybe you just got one made just before or after a holiday weekend or big soccer game.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
First off welcome to Taurus Armed, the best source of information and entertainment on the web!
By all means-Contact CS, they will take care of you.
You might also check the right side of the Judge there should be 3 screws, they are usually different lenghts. The farthest forward is usually a longer screw and it may have a retainer with a spring that rides in a groove on the cylinder anvil that allows the cylinder to swing open and NOT fall out. From time to time those can back off or fall out. (it can happen to any revolver no matter the maker). Sometimes if the side plate was removed for cleaning the spring will take off and never be missed or the screws switch to a different hole.
Again contact Taurus CS and by all means hold the line for a live agent.
Be patient and if the gun was built within the last 12 months they will pay shipping.
If you have computer /print ability they can e mail you a shipping label and you can pack it up and drop it off at the fed ex local near you.
I have purchsed numerious items and had 2 guns to go back for adjustments and I have had the gun leave my hand at 10 am on a monday and its back in my hands by Friday afternoon. Just saying be patient and polite.

Here is a link to a Revolver stripping/cleaning guide.. this is AWESOME!
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/smithing/22219-taurus-revolver-disassembly-pictorial-guide.html

Reactions: mesadeldoug

·
Registered
104 Posts
The screw under the cylinder on the frame holds it all in. Sometimes it works itself loose. Not sure how many times you have fried it but it has happened to me before after quite a few rounds. I usually check that screw and make sure it is tight after any range session or when cleaning. Heard some people use a little locktite on it. Kind of a stupid design remember reading before that Smith and Wesson's are designed the same way.
Try sliding it back in all the way and tightening that screw. See if that holds it in.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Just call Taurus and have them send you a yoke screw, spring and plunger. Takes about a minute to put in. I do advise using some blue loctite on it. Have fun with your Judge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts