Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Mil Pro PT 145. I cleaned it before taking it to the range and fired Monarch and Blazer ammo through it without a hitch. Once I loaded the Hornady ammo (45 Auto +P, 230 gr TAP FPD), the next round would get jammed on the ramp. I just had to pull the slide back and release to get it to load. The first few did that and the problem was intermittent after that. Has anyone else had a problem with Hornady ammo?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yea I did last week when i went to the range 200gr +P JHP and they would get stuck on the ramp just like u said, finished off the box I had and bought some 165 gr Federal JHP had no issues feeding those or ejecting. I now use that as my carry ammo. When Iam at the range though i usually put Winchester 230gr FMJ but i fed 40 rounds of the federal wit no problems try those and see what you think.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I use the Federal in my PT 111. My dealer was out of the Federal in .45 so I went with the Hornady. I'll stick with the Federal now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've only shot 100 rds with it including the Hornady rds. Do you think it may have happened because the gun was new?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went back to the range with Hornady 230 gr TAP FPD (same as the first time). All fired without incident. I guess it was the fact that the gun is new. I'm now a fan as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.