Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl just got a 738 a few weeks ago. Problem is that the magazine doesn't sit quite flush with the grip so it pinches her ring finger on the inside. Is this normal or is there a way for fix the "wiggle" up/down motion of the clip? It doesn't move much less than 1 cm. Any idea would be great!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't know of a way to make the magazine go up tighter into the mag well. You might consider cutting some shims (read washers) out of plastic (I would use white if it has a black grip, a racing stripe would look sexy, imo) to put on the mag to fill the gap. Maybe someone else will come along with a better idea.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My TCP has the gap as well, but no pinching for me (and I have small hands for a dude). How is she gripping it, and where do her fingers fall in relation to the gap?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Gajoe has the right idea. Fill the gap with anything to protect her hands. She must be comfortable with the correct hold.

·
Registered
36,465 Posts
HMM! interesting! I have pinched my finger one time by putting the mag in the gun pretty stoutly and not moving my finger back far enough, but never while shooting the gun.
maybe light weight shooters gloves when shes firing it at the range, under emergency conditions it really wouldn't matter!
a magazine needs a certain amount of looseness to be inserted and release correctly?
maybe try one of the new pinky finger tabs on some of the aftermarket magazines available, this should move her finger out away from the gun frame.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's using a two handed grip pretty much just like the instructor showed her in class. The middle of her ring finger on her dominant (right hand) falls square in the middle of that gap. In an emergency Im sure she wouldn't care, especially since she doesn't notice till around 30 rounds or so. The shim idea I would have never thought of, picking up a dremel this weekend so with have to try that. Was also gonna try the pinky extender also see if that helps. She really likes the gun even with the pinching, I just dont like the idea of her gun pinching her. Thanks for all the ideas, always appreciate a different look @ something!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
i have not seen any aftermarket mags for the TCP. where are you finding them?

a note on the pinky extensions, a friend and i each got one, when they were installed as delivered the mag would not fully latch into place. a small amount had to be filed off the top of the extension piece to give the proper clearance, not a big deal. the result is that the gap between the grip and the extension is very small now, basicly whatever you want to make it. i think that would cure your problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the weekend off of work and hitting up the local gunshow and cabelas tomorrow so should hopefully get this figured out in the next 2 days. Thanks for the ideas again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts