Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm too excited not to share the news with *somebody*. Well my wife and coworker who carries know as well, but I don't know any of y'all, so you can share my secret. ;)

But when I walked out of the DMV today, I felt... I dunno, like weight is lifted off my shoulders, or something.

I can't carry at work (due to policy where you can't have weapons), but I'm trying to convince the owner to change the policy so its official. He carries himself, but.. he's the owner and I don't want to argue. He's talking it over with the other owners. :)

Anyway, I haven't gone anywhere else today, but I also feel slightly nervous/excited. Just some first-time jitters I guess. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
The moment I could carry legal is really fresh in my mind, so I know how you feel. Congrats to you and the jitters go away quickly.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
It may be the 1000th thread on the subject, but we still love to hear it! Congrats! :clap:

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the brotherhood!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I don't care if it's 1,000,000,000,000, good news never gets old.

They wouldn't have to change the policy across the board, they could give you a written exception to the rule and still leave it in place for others (at least in most states).

·
Registered
24,940 Posts
Good on ya lad

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Congratulations.

Can you carry to work and then lock it up in your car? If that is not allowed maybe you can get your boss to allow that much.

·
Registered
29,959 Posts
Ereebodisingalong...:icon_ rasta:
"It feels like the firsssst time, it feels like the very first time" :icon_ banana::icon_ lala::icon_ banana:

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Congrats! The jitters do go away.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Congratulations. It will soon become second nature. I'm more prone to leave my cell phone at home, but never the CCW. LOL

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Yep - congratulations are in order!! Carry often and safely!!!

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I'm too excited not to share the news with *somebody*. Well my wife and coworker who carries know as well, but I don't know any of y'all, so you can share my secret.
Congrats! And you're right - it's okay to share with us anonymously, but for every one else it's a secret. And it's best to keep it that way. A friend of mine has a saying, and I think it's true - three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead. :D

·
Banned
401 Posts
Howdy,

Congrats tonto!

I've been carry for over 31 years and would be lost without my pistol.

Carry, carry always and be safe.

Paul

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congratulations.

Can you carry to work and then lock it up in your car? If that is not allowed maybe you can get your boss to allow that much.
Well I'm not sure if I can, but I've been doing so. Work would have no reason to get into my trunk, so I'm not worried there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats! And you're right - it's okay to share with us anonymously, but for every one else it's a secret. And it's best to keep it that way. A friend of mine has a saying, and I think it's true - three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead. :D

My wife will probably tell her sister in FL, since if we ever fly down there, I'll take it with, unless she and/or her husband have a total conniption fit. Then I s'pose I'll not fly with it. Florida recognizes Kansas licenses, so I don't see an issue except a family one :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts