Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased 2a of these. They are terrible- they fall to feed the rounds so you have to sling shot it almost every round. Also they will not feed the last round. I would avoid at all means possible! Stick with the factory!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Purchased 2a of these. They are terrible- they fall to feed the rounds so you have to sling shot it almost every round. Also they will not feed the last round. I would avoid at all means possible! Stick with the factory!
That's what I heard from other people. I believe I also said the same about the ProMag mags a few times before in this forum.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and you're right, ProMags are just a waste of money IMO. The one i have for my 945 isn't reliable beyond 4 rounds if it's fully loaded. The only good it is to me now is a snapcap magazine now, thankfully it's nickel colored so it's easy to pick out. Factory mags only for me from now on.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have two Promag 20-round magazines for my Mini-14 in 6.8SPC(The ONLY hi-cap mags I could find) and they work great. Occasional problem getting the mags to seat, but they work. I also have two 30-rounders for my AR15, and they fail to feed on the last round(they lock open with the last round sitting on top of the magazine in the chamber)

Mine worked, but evidently yours didn't...maybe it's a batch problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts