Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got two from a recent gun show and they worked flawlessly. you'll be happy with their performance.

·
Administrator
17,796 Posts
If they start to malfunction, just replace the magazine springs. ProMag quality has improved some over the years and no outfit would want to put out a really poor quality 1911 magazine, as word would spread, fast!

I'm using MecGars and Chip McCormicks (10 rounders) in my Colt 1911, but I do have some ProMags for some other Guns. Some Magazines ProMag does very well, some very poorly! I had to rebuild their PT92 Magazines. (Nothing original left, but the tube!)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a set of 4 from the same vendor when I got my pt1911. Since then I've run about 1,000 rounds through them (and the factory mags) - about 160 rounds each, 20 reloads. No problems so far. Heck of a deal, considering. I might go with something more expensive if I was going to carry, but these are great for sport and range work.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used mine for the first time on Saturday. They worked just fine. If anyone is looking for inexpensive mags for a 1911, go with these.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts